Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 215622 times)

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #540 on: September 25, 2016, 11:55:29 PM »
Seems to be a systematically repeated bug with digs on different planets by different construction brigades.
No item added to a stockpile, of course.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #541 on: October 02, 2016, 07:07:32 AM »
A few I've noticed in the current playthrough:

When scrapping ships at the shipyard, it won't iterate properly through the ships like it does with refits. It'll happily select the same ship for scrapping over and over if you don't notice that the selection hasn't changed. (1% probability it's the other way around with scrapping/refitting, since I don't want to refit or scrap anything at the moment, but the issue is the same.)

Not sure if bug: Is a ship with a damaged (due to maintenance mishap) jump drive supposed to be able to jump?

Something is screwed up with hauling PDC components. My freighters would frequently (but not always), fail while loading or unloading the stuff. I suspect something being wrong with the class versus specific item distinction - they might think I told them to load "parts of THIS particular PDC item that's broken into parts", but not "THAT prefabbed PDC of the same class". I really don't know.

Not sure if bug: The "queue" button is greyed out for not-available-now research options, but the "queue top" button is not greyed out. So I can tell my researchers to keep researching the chain in valid order of prerequisites, if I start queueing them up from the last one I want research to the first. It works, but it's a bit of a hassle - but not as much hassle as having to redesignate research every time it completes.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #542 on: October 02, 2016, 03:09:56 PM »
Why does unloading colonists on an unsuitable world work, instead of prompting an error on unloading? I accidentally had 100k thrown out of the airlock on an airless rock. Shouldn't this more reasonably result in "Error unloading colonists: If you actually want to murder these poor wretches, use the 'Jettison Cargo' button"?

The following users thanked this post: serger

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #543 on: October 02, 2016, 05:00:21 PM »
A small display glitch: I had set up a colony on a world where you could only colonize with underground infrastructure. I did not want to colonize it, but use it as a depot (that way I could order my civilians to dump everything I needed on that "depot" and do the rest through the jump gate from there on. I dumped infrastructure on that "depot" - but since it is an underground planet it does not show me how much infrastructure I have on it. They are there but the display does not show them because it overrides the numbers with the underground infrastructre numbers.

Another display issue: a planet with Infrastructure and Terraforming modules on it - but without population is not shown in the planetary overview. The moment the first colonist sets foot on it, it appears in the list.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #544 on: October 02, 2016, 06:23:47 PM »
If you select an existing, built ship class in the design menu, and reclass it as a PDC, it gets retroactively made into a bunker, with its incompatible elements removed. You can then flip it back into a ship, too! Thank heavens for the Spacemaster mode.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #545 on: October 03, 2016, 02:09:05 PM »
Is there any Ancient Artifacts production still in the game? I have a colony with Intact City (!), xenologists report released years ago, and over 25m pops for now, and still no Artifacts in production...

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #546 on: October 03, 2016, 08:27:29 PM »
As I recall you have to have a Construction Brigade to get them.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline serger

• Commodore
« Reply #547 on: October 03, 2016, 11:37:31 PM »
Nope. Construction Brigades got a plenty of items from ruins, but no Artifacts at all. And I kept some untouched ruins specially for Artifacts production.

Offline bitbucket

• Chief Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #548 on: October 04, 2016, 11:05:39 AM »
Although it seem that alien artifacts do get produced on worlds with ruins...this doesn't get reflected in production totals and they never get made available for export.

Examples from my current campaign:

This colony has a population of 103.3m and never had ruins, as a control example.

This colony has a population of 86.4m, and while ruins were present they have been completely excavated. Note the negative import demand for artifacts and no exportable supply.

This colony has a population of 50.2m, and the ruins present on the planet are still in the process of being recovered. Again, negative import demand, no supply for export.

edit: the size of the ruins seems to determine the amount of phantom ancient artifacts the colony produces: the second colony in my examples had about 1300 installations initially, the third had about 500, and this colony with a population of 40.4m had over 1700 (!) installations before I started digging.

They don't show up in the production, but the significant negative import requirements you see here only show up on worlds with ruins. Clearly something's going on, but ancient artifacts are not being reported properly in the annual production column, and they're not being made available for commerce.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:25:12 AM by bitbucket »

The following users thanked this post: DIT_grue

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #549 on: October 05, 2016, 10:32:17 AM »
Broke my game.  :(

I was fighting some bastard Precursor murderbots, and these alerts started appearing incessantly on advancing time. May be related to tractored ships getting shot at.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #550 on: October 09, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »
The list of species in the system information, colonization overview and race page doesn't include designed/researched, but not yet implemented races. It really should - then you could prepare infrastructure, if that new race is not able to live on the same world as the base stock you are genetically modifying from. As it is, I'm relying on turn-based hacks to create the race and load them onto colony ships before they die.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 06:11:08 PM by AbuDhabi »

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #551 on: October 09, 2016, 06:27:10 PM »
Got a value conversion error when creating a team. It is persistent, but doesn't break anything that I can see.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #552 on: October 10, 2016, 01:01:21 PM »
Getting a persistent 'invalid use of null' error when trying to fight some aliens. Assigning a target seems to have fixed it. Might be because I had not set them to Hostile relations even after they shot me.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 01:05:53 PM by AbuDhabi »

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #553 on: October 10, 2016, 01:33:26 PM »
If a production project takes too long, there's an overflow error. Probably because the variable overflows trying to cope with the estimated length to completion being ludicrously large.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #554 on: October 13, 2016, 04:05:17 PM »
Playing on a conventional start and colonized Luna still with conventional drives and stuff. Apparently, this was too early for the civilians, who apparently try to launch ships, but fail because some required tech does not yet exist. Or something. This happens whenever they launch a ship, and the ship seems a ghost of itself, registering in the shipping screen, but nowhere else.