Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210399 times)

Offline drejr

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • d
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #285 on: March 04, 2016, 10:47:49 PM »
Another effect of the bug above is that if a researcher is working on a propulsion technology at the same time it's discovered through disassembly civilians won't use it.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #286 on: March 05, 2016, 08:13:53 AM »
I actually found a bug that I haven't seen reported in this thread, so here goes.   Unfortunately, I did not grab any screen shots at the time.

I was researching Stellerator Fusion Reactor tech with my top Power & Propulsion expert.   During an exploration of a ruin, I found a set of Stellerator Fusion Reactors.   So, I load them up, haul them to Earth, and begin disassembly.   I get that done, go look at my research, and the project is gone.   I see Magneto-Fusion Drives in the available projects for Power and Propulsion, so the disassembly was enough to complete the project.   However, my researcher was not in the available list.   I tried several mechanisms, but I could not find her anywhere in the research tab.   I could see her in the Officers window, and she showed to be assigned (white background).   I ran a few turns, and she did not reappear.

WORKAROUND:  I assigned the researcher to a Geology team that was available in the Officers window and disbanded the team.   She then reappeared and functions normally.

At least this is an improvement over the old behavior.  IIRC,a few years back if you dumped enough RP into a tech that was already being researched, the planet would disappear!  Lot's of fun RP-ing that one....  :)

John

Offline drayath

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #287 on: March 07, 2016, 03:31:27 PM »
Can get negative amounts of component on planet stockpile; Can then generate unlimited research from one unknown component;

Repro:
Get part of a ship component to a planet (i. e.  Transport a part that does not entirely fit in a cargo bay)
On Planet->Industry->Stockpile disassemble the component
You now have -0. x of that component.
In addition can now continue disassembling components for more research (e. g.  -0. 5 -> -1. 5 components in stockpile)
--------------

Transporting ship components intermittently fails.

Repro:
On a cargo ship set order: pickup ship component, travel, drop-off ship component, travel
Set to cycle or repeat.
First cycle works, but will usually fail on the second or third cycle.

Query: Is transports partial ship parts (e. g.  0. 1 of a jump gate builder) intended of should it only be integer quantities?

-------------
Deleting a task force (can/always?) deletes all the ships within it.  Is this intended? is so should probably be noted at least in the 'Delete TF' button tooltip (Personally i would expect them to get moved to a 'Reserve' or 'Reserve <systemname>' TF that is created if necessary. 

Offline steili

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #288 on: March 09, 2016, 09:35:24 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug er feature:

I found 2 neighboring planets with ruins on them and sent in Xeno teams to both.  When the first team finished their examinations, I checked in on the other planet as well, and to my surprise it seems to have triggered the other Xeno team to finish as well.  There was no news entry of the other Xeno team finishing up though.  My first thought was that I might have missed the first news entry, but after carefully going through the logs, I'm certain that I didn't miss any news entry concerning this.

Both planets belonged to the same ancient race though, I'm not sure if that is important or not. 

Offline Thineboot

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #289 on: March 09, 2016, 09:55:32 AM »
Don't know if it's really intended but you can use 0.2 Mass Drivers as well.

Offline drayath

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #290 on: March 09, 2016, 08:29:39 PM »
When recovering items from alien ruin (Abandoned Colony, TL4) got the following message

14th September 2031 18:00:11,Sol,38th Construction Brigade has recovered 40x  on Mars

Can confirm i don't have 40x anything (buildings, ship components, minerals) so it look like a bug in the item recovery code not the logging.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #291 on: March 10, 2016, 09:02:32 AM »
When recovering items from alien ruin (Abandoned Colony, TL4) got the following message

14th September 2031 18:00:11,Sol,38th Construction Brigade has recovered 40x  on Mars

Can confirm i don't have 40x anything (buildings, ship components, minerals) so it look like a bug in the item recovery code not the logging.
I can confirm as this happened to me too a couple of times with varying amounts of "nothing". Maybe the game tries to give some components that have been barred currently. (plasma torpedoes, absorption shields, some higher tech version of casual weapons or something?)
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline steili

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #292 on: March 10, 2016, 11:15:32 AM »
I've just encountered a somewhat similar bug: My construction brigade dug up 23x Compressed Fuel Systems, but I can't locate them in the planet's stockpile.  (I haven't found the tech for compressed fuel yet either, perhaps that's why). 

The user DeusVorpal told me at IRC that he has experienced the exact same bug. 

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #293 on: March 10, 2016, 12:24:38 PM »
A friendly NPR gave me Compressed Fuel Storage and it showed up as researched tech, but not in the design window components list. Not as Own, not as anything else. I could research and build the large version, though.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2016, 09:18:04 AM »
Missiles which are slower than the ship that they target show erratic fly paths. Even when their objective is standing perfectly still, they just fly back and forth instead of simply intercepting:

I've long since noticed some quirks with the predictive interception, sometimes giving ships weirdly curved clock-wise fly paths, instead of a more direct one. Here is a new salvo flying in on that stationary target:

The missiles in suspension can sometimes still hit when I just advance by a larger intervall than 5 seconds. In close quarters that might however not always be the option, just as here where I laid in ambush to shoot exactly when that ship should try to come just a bit closer.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline drayath

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #295 on: March 11, 2016, 01:47:34 PM »
This dialog appear: www.  brightsoft.  net/aurora-error.  png
If you close it it just appears again preventing game continuation (other than hard closing game and restarting it)
I think it is todo with the orders of the half-dozen ships in Ross 128

Save link: www.  brightsoft.  net/aurora-mdb.  7z
Game Version: 7.   1 Portable Pack
Repo: Hit advance 5 days

-- Update --
Confirmation that it is the 'Move to Thermo' order on the 'Grav xxx' taskforces in Ross 128 that causes the issue.  Thermo has orders to move to and dock with its mothership, when it docks with the mothership and its taskforce disappears seems to break the orders on the TF's heading towards it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 06:38:58 PM by drayath »

Offline chokuto

• Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #296 on: March 11, 2016, 11:22:34 PM »
I'm playing a game with 3 player races.   After one of my races researched 'Fuel Storage - Ultra Large' I noticed in the logs that the other two races had information on 'Compressed Fuel Storage System' provided by the race that researched 'Fuel Storage - Ultra Large'. 
Neither of the other two races had 'Fuel Storage - Ultra Large', and one of them was in the process of researching 'Fuel Storage - Very Large'. 

Edit: I guess I should have mentioned that non of the races had any compressed fuel storage systems research before this
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:18:21 PM by chokuto »

Iranon

« Reply #297 on: March 12, 2016, 03:05:18 AM »
More weirdness in non-standard tech.

I got some 0cm lasers that sometimes refused to be loaded in freighters and looked like regular 20cm lasers and provided nothing new when disassembled. Maybe another puzzle piece of advanced lasers acting strangely, but I'm at a loss how it fits in.

References to compressed fuel storage, but I never saw any.

Sometimes, I can disassemble more components than I have, reaching negative stockpiles. This includes standard components, but as far as I recall this only when stockpiles included nonstandard tech. EDIT: Probably related to this, I sometimes had freighters carrying more than their maximum capacity.
Unless I missed the messages, all of these were silent.

Advanced particle beam tech seems to work as advertised, naming may not be as intended though: it's "particle beam strength x" but "advanced particle beam warhead x".
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:10:00 AM by Iranon »

Offline drayath

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #298 on: March 13, 2016, 11:10:30 AM »
Missile designer does not have a max resolution for sensor size (ship sensor design mas a max of ?500?), presume it should be capped at the same maximum resolution as ship sensors.

a) Lets you create size 1 decoy missile visible from other side of the system (or indeed theoretically a nearby star system!)
b) Entering very large value cause a overflow error dialog to pop up.

Offline drayath

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #299 on: March 14, 2016, 07:23:31 PM »
If you move a shipyard (via tractor) to a new planet, any ship in construction carry on being constructed on the original planet (or at least continue to show on the original planets shipyard tasks tab)

If you move a shipyard (via tractor) to a new planet, any retooling that is in progress is automatically and silently canceled (e. g.  add new slips or expand capacity).  As you can lose years of progress on modifying a large yard would ideally expect to keep the progress, but at least receive a warning that canceled.