Author Topic: Tech points  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Triato (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
Tech points
« on: October 27, 2015, 07:07:54 PM »
Hello,

I was creating a new empire and saw a box to specify the tech points that the new empire will have. I already have a faction that I have played for many years and is technologically advanced, but I want the new empire to be more advanced. I searched the wiki and all the windows and tabs I could think of but could not find how many tech points my first empire has, I needed in order to make the new one more advanced. I think I could add the points of all the already researched techs but I dont like the prospect of doing that.

So if there is a way please help me.

Thanks

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Tech points
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 08:13:03 PM »
The default start gives 120,000 research points, which is around nuclear pulse to ION era.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 01:23:34 AM »
I would Sum up how many Points per year all your scientists in the first empire produce and multiply with how many years youve played

Offline JacksonTaus

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 01:16:01 PM »
Quote from: alex_brunius link=topic=8007. msg82264#msg82264 date=1446099814
I would Sum up how many Points per year all your scientists in the first empire produce and multiply with how many years youve played

If you do this make sure you try to account for any of the faster RP techs you might have.  (Or don't, if you're OK with them having a bit of an edge)

Offline Triato (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 04:44:05 PM »
Ive had long periods with no research becouse of economics, so I think it will have to be the long tedious sumatory. Thank you for the responses.