Author Topic: We Stand United  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Theoatmeal2 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
We Stand United
« on: October 15, 2020, 12:48:00 PM »
Terran Federation

Earth could no longer support it`s numbers, conflicts about resources and power followed eventually leading to a world war. . .

Total war raged for years, followed by nuclear winter and famine killing the vast majority of humanity as well as most plant and animal life on earth.
Exhausted, whoever was left laid down arms.  It was recognized that this could never happen again.  The survivors formed an alliance bringing the few
remaining holdouts to heel.  A new order, the founding chapter of the federation was drafted so a global unity was at long last reality.

New Madrid, Peace Day Celebrations 1. 1. 2100

Today we are celebrating 11th year since the end of the war.  We are rightfully honoring the groundbreaking achievements
in politics, science and in the hearts of men.  As we all know the strange elements discovered during the war hold great promise for
a brighter future.  These elements will however soon be exhausted.

As your duly elected leader I hold it imperative that we no longer fight amongst ourselves.  Now is the time when mankind stands together
to rebuild, reconsile and refocus our efforts! We will use the small amount of resources we have left to create a spacefaring civilization.
We will leave earth, we will explore other star systems and discover their wonders.  The vast expanse of space holds the key to our
salvation to our ascention.
Orbital shipyards stand ready.  Massive industrial effort has been planned.  Our scientists discover new marvels each day, we will
soon leave this planet.

Once and for all, we stand united!

Speech held by governor of earth Scott Acebo.

Starting setup conventional empire.

Earth January 1st 2100
Population: 875 million
Capital: New Madrid
Official language: English

We start with 1400 conventional factories

Everyone is welcome to comment and give suggestions.  This is my first time and english is not my native tongue so any mistakes are mine.
Could someone dummytalk me through getting images to work :)

The following users thanked this post: Black, Warer, DaedalusPrime

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: We Stand United
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 03:29:08 PM »
Could someone dummytalk me through getting images to work :)

push on the image icon (the little mona lisa) and you get this

[ img ] [ /img ]

in between, you need the link to the picture after you have uploaded it. I use this site https://imgur.com/ you drag and drop the picture directly into the page and it will upload.

Once uploaded right-click on it and open the image in a new tab. Wait for the upload to be finished or you get a funny link. You will know it's the right one because it will end up with either png or jpg like this one https://i.imgur.com/1ZCrWaZ.jpg

so the final result will be

The following users thanked this post: Warer, Theoatmeal2

Offline Theoatmeal2 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 06:20:17 AM »
I simply can`t get it to work.  I use prtsc and upload the image to imgbb. 
I then put it in the image brackets but it shows up empty.  What`s up?

Offline Tree

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 07:35:19 AM »
You need to have posted ten posts before you can post links at all, including in pictures.

The following users thanked this post: Theoatmeal2

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 09:22:08 AM »
Yeah just keep posting your updates and once you have more than 10 posts, you can come back and add images to your earlier posts.

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Theoatmeal2 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 12:42:10 PM »
Initially there was much scepticism, even amongst Acebo`s own supporters.  No one could deny that the solar system would hold great
quantities of resources but actually locating and utilizing them was considered science fiction. 
Leaving the solar system would be utter fantasy.

Meanwhile the scientists and engineers quietly went about their work, testing materials and building prototypes.
They could with confidence build some kind of spaceworthy vessel but the enormous distances would require a new type of engine.
Company named Starlight had made considerable progress with nuclear thermal propulsion, their first prototype while functional was
too heavy and fragile.  Nearly bankrupt they made a final effort the Starlight M2.

The design for the ship was considered merely functional, time would show how well it could meet its expectations.

Discovery class Geological Survey Craft      1,000 tons       24 Crew       163 BP       TCS 20    TH 20    EM 0
1000 km/s      Armour 1-8       Shields 0-0       HTK 7      Sensors 0/0/0/1      DCR 1      PPV 0
Maint Life 9. 03 Years     MSP 101    AFR 8%    IFR 0. 1%    1YR 2    5YR 33    Max Repair 100 MSP
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 36 months    Morale Check Required   

Starlight M2 Nuclear Thermal Engine (1)    Power 20    Fuel Use 17. 79%    Signature 20    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 58,000 Litres    Range 58. 7 billion km (679 days at full power)

Geological Survey Sensors (1)   1 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

Funding was approved for four identical ships: Discovery, Revelation, Pioneer and Surprise.

February 13th 2103 the first two ships hulls were laid down and construction could begin. 
Discovery and Revelation would be ready by the end of the year
The governors vision was starting to look feasible.

In other developments industry is growing exponentially with 105 factories and 70 mines readily converted.

Offline Theoatmeal2 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 05:49:23 PM »
Apologies, I have to cancel this campaign due to new computer and the old laptop getting too slow to run the game :-[

Maybe I`ll take another venture in the future.  The nice thing is I get to play the games I missed, I hear Witcher 3 is pretty good ;D

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 05:53:43 PM »
For what it's worth, you can copy the database file to your new computer and keep playing. Assuming the new machine can run aurora, of course.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 01:44:24 PM »
We won't see him back until next spring if he gets into Witcher 3  :P