Author Topic: Events Window QOL  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Gimlie (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • G
Events Window QOL
« on: April 17, 2020, 10:27:58 PM »
Hi,

If you're like me, you're probably disappointed by the fact that the events window is only a separate entity now and no longer included in the system view.  Steve has told us that there is a change coming which will fix this but I have a temporary solution in the mean time.

This is what the result looks like https://i. imgur. com/i64kPc8. png.  The events window stays open even if you change windows / increment time.

1.  Download and install the latest release of OnTopReplica from https://github. com/LorenzCK/OnTopReplica/releases

2.  Start Aurora, open the events window (do not minimize it or the window may not update.  You can keep it hidden behind other windows though)

3.  Open OnTopReplica, right click in the white space

4.  Select Window -> Events (this is your Aurora events window) -> Whole

5.  Congratulations, you now have a mini event window.  Drag/resize/do whatever you want with it

Hope this helps someone out! There are also advanced features of the OnTopReplica program which you may find useful if you're so inclined.

The following users thanked this post: Migi

Offline Agm-114

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Registered
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Discord Username: AGM-114#7218
Re: Events Window QOL
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 10:30:36 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Gimlie

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 10:31:18 PM »
The solution I'm using is to shove the events window off to the side, having a full HD monitor the 'standard' sized window leaves a gap on each side and below, just just don't resize the main window to take up the whole screen and have the events window tucked in the gap.

Having the window stick out as a tab means you can click it to bring it up, also the bottom couple events are visible as they happen.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 10:52:49 PM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 10:51:09 PM »
Since I need to use my TV as a second monitor to play Aurora on my laptop anyway, I leave the events window on my laptop screen and adjust the max days / max events numbers to keep all of the latest events on screen.

Offline hopeless4xnoob

• Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 07:25:58 AM »
Thanks! This looks like it will solve an issue I was having. I was throwing the Event window onto my second monitor but for some reason it wasn't showing the whole list.

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 07:34:05 AM »
If I turn the tactical map into windowed mode, I can drag it to the side and have the events in the other side of the screen. Thankfully the windows remember their position, so whenever I stop auto-turning, I just maximize the tactical, play normally, and enter windowed mode when auto-turning again.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 11:05:59 AM »
On the display tab of the tactical window there is a checkbox that says "keep tactical map in the background" which makes it so that you can keep the events window open as you progress through turns.

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 11:12:57 AM »
On the display tab of the tactical window there is a checkbox that says "keep tactical map in the background" which makes it so that you can keep the events window open as you progress through turns.

I haven't quite been able to get it to work like that. If I check that box and start the auto-turns, the tactical map remains on the front, and the events do not pop up on the front until I stop the auto-turns again.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 12:09:25 PM »

I haven't quite been able to get it to work like that. If I check that box and start the auto-turns, the tactical map remains on the front, and the events do not pop up on the front until I stop the auto-turns again.

Thats a fair point - I never use auto turns so it never was a problem for me.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 12:59:48 PM »
Do i have to do it everytime i reopen Aurora or will that save between games?
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Gimlie (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • G
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2020, 01:11:56 PM »
Quote from: GodEmperor link=topic=10870. msg125313#msg125313 date=1587232788
Do i have to do it everytime i reopen Aurora or will that save between games?

You have to re-do steps 3 & 4 every time you open the game.