Author Topic: Strange NPC behaviour  (Read 1707 times)

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Strange NPC behaviour
« on: February 02, 2016, 08:18:31 PM »
Playing the lastest version. The only NPC which was 3 systems away, did an instant colony on the moon. there was no survey ships that entered the system, the first I knew about it was a Population signal on the moon.

I then sent in ground troops as building a colony opposite Earth was not going to happen. They had instantly 5 garrison troops, an the NPC sent in Colony ships to beef up there colony, however by this stage I took over there colony and the  ships then build 22 different colonies on the moon. War broke out after that.

The strange things

- The factions on earth had thermal coverage so there is no way a population could sneak onto the moon, without being detected. The NPC  did not visit the SOL system, there is however jumpgates connecting each of the systems, so why would they make a decision to build on the moon.

- Why would they build there first colony directly opposite the Players home world, it was not like there was a huge reason to build there no atmosphere only Veradite as a mineral. It make no sense to build there.

-Why after taking over the original colony did it make 22 separate colonies when the colony ship arrived.

Saying this I can understand number one being a NPC programming choice to make it easier for NPC, however 2 or 3 needs to be tightened up building in a player system especially the first system, has to be thought by the NPC as either a reason for invasion or deliberately to start a war. I think perhaps some extra npc code is needed here one selecting a colony.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Strange NPC behaviour
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 06:17:11 AM »
Here's a possible reason; To build a missile PDC on the moon to bombard Earth.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Re: Strange NPC behaviour
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 07:42:52 AM »
That is fine but why sent colonist to die. Well the alien race was a cruel dictator, so I guess he would not care LOL.