Author Topic: Barbarians!?  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Judicator (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
Barbarians!?
« on: May 28, 2010, 12:50:14 PM »
Well my game is going swimmingly right up until barbarians took over Mars somehow. The population shows up as 'vanquished' and now barbarians are somehow bombarding the planet and killing the population even though I don't see any hostile ships. However speaking of hostile ships, all the civvy ships that were around mars at the time including one of my OWN ships had to 'surrender' and are now in orbit around mars doing nothing.

What can I do to take mars back? Do I need to send troop transports with heavy assault brigades? And if so, how many troop transports on a ship should I build?

If that's not the answer, how can I retake my planet from these...space barbarians?

UPDATE: The population has been changed from 'Vanquished' to 'Subjugated'. I just sent two heavy assault brigades to the planet. Can I get a list of how much room a unit takes up so I don't grossly overproduce troop transport space or underproduce it?

Also, again, knowledge on how to deal with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Barbarians!?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 04:50:47 PM »
You're 'bombarding' your own colonies with mineral packets, so the civilians have surrendered to you.  Move a Mass Driver to Mars (but make sure to leave one on Earth), shut down mining colony mass drivers for a while if necessary, and in a decade or two everything will be back to normal.

Or quit and start a new game.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 05:35:06 AM »
Each troop transport bay will hold one battalion.  A Brigade uses 5 bays and this does include the engineer brigade.  Conventional infantry and armour use two brigade's worth.  The small troop transport bay is for one company, currently only marines use this size.  A headquarters unit is counted as a battalion as well as the troops under it.  If you look at the rating in the ship design screen it gives a number for how much it can hold.  Compare that to the size listed under the ground unit training tab (Population and production F2)

Brian

Offline Judicator (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 01:37:30 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. I'm starting over, due to my mistake. But yet again progress seems to be at a crawl, slow as ever. I'm trying a 'real' game where I don't alter anything at all whatsoever except the initial starting minerals so I can have some more 'leeway' to get miner fleets and explorers set up. I have yet to begin dabbling in military other than the fact that holy cow there is alot to research to get even the basics started.

Online ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 06:13:45 AM »
Quote from: "Judicator"
Thanks for the help guys. I'm starting over, due to my mistake. But yet again progress seems to be at a crawl, slow as ever. I'm trying a 'real' game where I don't alter anything at all whatsoever except the initial starting minerals so I can have some more 'leeway' to get miner fleets and explorers set up. I have yet to begin dabbling in military other than the fact that holy cow there is alot to research to get even the basics started.

Whats your initial population size?  I find that 1 billion (american ie 1000 million)  is about the least thats viable for a player race, although yes that will tend to have you running out of homeworld minerals in 5-10 years - have to move fast with those colony ships.  This presupposes a TN start - I rarely use conventional starts.
Slàinte,

Mike