Author Topic: Prefab Question  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Maltay (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Prefab Question
« on: June 17, 2010, 06:02:22 PM »
I can use industry to prefab ship components.  I can then construct a ship using a shipyard.  Because I already used industry to prefab ship component, my shipyard will construct the ship faster.

I can construct a ship using a shipyard.  I can then use industry to prefab ship components.  When the ship components finish, will the time left for construction of my ship using the shipyard be reduced as though I had used industry to prefab the ship component ahead of time?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: Prefab Question
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 06:14:41 PM »
Quote from: "Maltay"
I can use industry to prefab ship components.  I can then construct a ship using a shipyard.  Because I already used industry to prefab ship component, my shipyard will construct the ship faster.

I can construct a ship using a shipyard.  I can then use industry to prefab ship components.  When the ship components finish, will the time left for construction of my ship using the shipyard be reduced as though I had used industry to prefab the ship component ahead of time?

AFAIK, the check for available components is only performed when the task is assigned to the shipyard and not checked during the 5-day increments. I think it would be too hard to abstract which component may already have been built and installed by the shipyard.

i.e. say you were 30% through construction using shipyard only and an engine component was just build by your factories. Are the engines the first thing that is put into your ship and thus already there, or are they the last and therefore you can go and take them from the components pool?