Author Topic: Help with a few things needed  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Help with a few things needed
« on: December 31, 2013, 06:09:19 AM »
After excavating a ruin I unearthed a few ship components, some of these were below my tech level but some above.  I had hoped to bring them back to Earth and reverse engineer them.  However I cannot see any tab or window that shows these items in the planet storage etc.  Is there a way to shift them back to my homeworld?

I am designing my first missile PDC and noticed the magazine only contains a small amount of missiles.  When I add more launchers the magazine number goes up, but is there a specific magazine component so that a ship or PDC can carry lots of missiles in storage to avoid having to keep resupplying?

I have the "Auto assignments" box ticked in the leaders sheet and this works fine for ground forces/ships etc.  But colony leaders don't get assigned unless I do it manually.  Is there a way to assign them automatically?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Help with a few things needed
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:28:04 AM »
There is indeed a magazine component you can design, it's somewhere near missile launchers on the component design window. You choose the size if the magazine and how much armour to give it, if I recall correctly your first magazines should hold around 15 MSP per 50 tons devoted to it. As you research improved magazine feed system you get increased capacity per 50 ton increment. You can also research improved magazine ejection system, which reduces the chance of a fatal hit to the magazine causing a massive secondary explosion.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 06:31:42 AM »
After excavating a ruin I unearthed a few ship components, some of these were below my tech level but some above.  I had hoped to bring them back to Earth and reverse engineer them.  However I cannot see any tab or window that shows these items in the planet storage etc.  Is there a way to shift them back to my homeworld?

I have the "Auto assignments" box ticked in the leaders sheet and this works fine for ground forces/ships etc.  But colony leaders don't get assigned unless I do it manually.  Is there a way to assign them automatically?

There is a stockpile button on the Industry tab of the population window. You can collect the components with a freighter and transport them home.

Colony leaders have to be assigned manually.

Offline joeclark77

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 04:26:42 PM »
The other leader you need to assign manually is your Commander - Fleet HQ.  He's a naval officer in the "staff officers" category.  Once he's assigned, he'll pick his own staff members.