Author Topic: An NPR overwhelmming me..v much:)  (Read 1946 times)

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
An NPR overwhelmming me..v much:)
« on: September 13, 2009, 02:59:19 PM »
Hi.
After some explored JP's around ive found,probably,the "originally" first NPR generated from beginning..
And..surprise,more than 90 23.500 tons Class-probably transport jump from another unknow JP on SOL..:D..and colonizing MARS!!:DDDDD
then,an Alien TG (14 War ships) station around Earth,without attack,
At 2 jmp away from SOL,in a (most probably) Epsilon Eridani ive found same race,176000 thermal level.
Am Jmp away and attempt to Comunicate..

Earth r in fear.Aliens's Warships r surely armed and ready to annhilite my home planets..my Diplo try to commo,hope are last thing.

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Re: An NPR overwhelmming me..v much:)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 03:42:33 AM »
You did build some defence bases before you left Sol didn't you?

If you didn't well my first game I encountered a superiour race and was obliterated.  It taught me that I needed more than one fire control per base and long range missiles plus confirmed that yes bases on the homeworld do make sense.  Unlike in most cases of Starfire where bases are very hard to justify the bases in Aurora make a lot of sense.  Planetary defences can ruin a ships day.

I would not mind seeing a game where the old maxim "The ships the fool that fights a fort" was more correct then the usual version we see where the ships can obliterate the base with hardly an effort.  Also I like how Aurora makes the planetary silos more efficient then the ship mounted ones.  Means your planetary Counter-Missile bases can put up a horde of defensive fire.

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 09:13:32 AM »
Guys..
Earth in my campaign are very void on minerals,am try to mining colony around.
37 years have pass..BUT enemy r TOO stronght..
Dozens and dozens of Warships..never defence can stopp them if attack me:)

This situation r stelemate..or doomsday

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 04:06:55 PM »
One thing I do, and this might be considered "easy mode" is I go into the F9 screen on SM mode and increase the mineral amounts by a factor of 10.

Maybe Steve can add a multiplier (for homeworlds only) on the game option screen for this. I.E. 1x is current values, 2x, 3x, 5x, 10x, etc would multiply the mineral amounts by those values after the initial generation.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 04:47:17 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
One thing I do, and this might be considered "easy mode" is I go into the F9 screen on SM mode and increase the mineral amounts by a factor of 10.

Maybe Steve can add a multiplier (for homeworlds only) on the game option screen for this. I.E. 1x is current values, 2x, 3x, 5x, 10x, etc would multiply the mineral amounts by those values after the initial generation.

I do the same, except I didn't know about the SM part and at each new game I go into the database and track down the IDs through the different tables ... doh!

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 07:25:33 PM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"

I do the same, except I didn't know about the SM part and at each new game I go into the database and track down the IDs through the different tables ... doh!
I thought it was just me that did this; well they say confession is good for the soul so' yes I've increased my starting minerals as well'.  Should we start some sort of support group?  :D
Welchbloke

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"

I thought it was just me that did this; well they say confession is good for the soul so' yes I've increased my starting minerals as well'.  Should we start some sort of support group?  ;)

Offline schroeam

• Lt. Commander
  • s
  • "Let's try a new strategy, let the Wookiee win"
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 10:20:19 PM »
[Snip Erik]One thing I do, and this might be considered "easy mode" is I go into the F9 screen on SM mode and increase the mineral amounts by a factor of 10.

Maybe Steve can add a multiplier (for homeworlds only) on the game option screen for this. I.E. 1x is current values, 2x, 3x, 5x, 10x, etc would multiply the mineral amounts by those values after the initial generation.[end snip]

I thought it was just me that did this; well they say confession is good for the soul so' yes I've increased my starting minerals as well'.  Should we start some sort of support group?  ;)
Hello, my name is Adam, and I don't have a problem.  I came here as a favor for a friend.  He's the one with the problem, not me.  No, I can control when I bump up minerals, his is an addiction. :)

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 11:07:53 PM »
[Snip Erik]One thing I do, and this might be considered "easy mode" is I go into the F9 screen on SM mode and increase the mineral amounts by a factor of 10.

Maybe Steve can add a multiplier (for homeworlds only) on the game option screen for this. I.E. 1x is current values, 2x, 3x, 5x, 10x, etc would multiply the mineral amounts by those values after the initial generation.[end snip]

I thought it was just me that did this; well they say confession is good for the soul so' yes I've increased my starting minerals as well'.  Should we start some sort of support group?  :D

Bonjour, je m'appelle Adam et j'ai un problème minérales

(Je parle un petit peu français)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 10:30:34 AM »
With a conventional start I usually leave my homword minerals as-is (except I re-do homeworld minerals until Duranium is 1.0 availability), but with a pre-TN start (my usual) I multiply all HW minerals by 10.

Offline Sotak246

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 10:43:46 AM »
You mean you all only increase by a factor of 10?  hmm so my 15 is a little high... :cry:
but..but...I only wanted to help out a little, I can stop when ever I want.

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »
Bonjour
morning
guten tag
buenas Dias

am Giorgio from italy..and yes,am know too SM mode on for raise minerals and mineable:D
But am try to play on "random-real" situations..

grrrrr--now put onto Earth 100.000.000 tons every minerals/10 ghghghg

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 04:38:53 PM »
I don't up minerals but I do turn off maintenance.  It's just too much micromanagement.  

I'd turn off fuel too if I could but it's pretty easy to keep tankers at strategic locations.