Author Topic: This is just wrong  (Read 4915 times)

Offline lastverb

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
Re: This is just wrong
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 04:23:09 PM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
Based upon my experience that alpha strike should definately kill a 32 000 tonne Invader maybe even 2 of them;
I think it will not kill even one, 260x6 is just 1560 dmg not counting pd. I haven't done 12800 tons one in ~1200 dmg salvo (single armor penetration noticed). They might be somewhat overpowered, but its something i wanted :)

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 04:32:32 PM »
Quote from: "lastverb"
Based upon my experience that alpha strike should definately kill a 32 000 tonne Invader maybe even 2 of them;
I think it will not kill even one, 260x6 is just 1560 dmg not counting pd. I haven't done 12800 tons one in ~1200 dmg salvo (single armor penetration noticed). They might be somewhat overpowered, but its something i wanted :)
I went back and checked my notes, the 32 000 tonne warship has a 750 strength shield.  So assuming that 100% of the salvo hits, unlikely I know, it should just about destroy the target.
Welchbloke

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 06:09:43 PM »
Don't forget, I build all my ships in squadrons of 3 ;)

Offline Charlie Beeler (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 10:11:10 PM »
Quote from: "lastverb"
I went back and checked my notes, the 32 000 tonne warship has a 750 strength shield.  So assuming that 100% of the salvo hits, unlikely I know, it should just about destroy the target.

Actually that may not be enough.  If I recall correctly, armor is 15, 3 PD CIWS and ECM-6.  Add to that 8 size 32 plasma torps that have a range around 20m km's with a ROF of around 3 minutes.

The 64,000 ton ships have shields at 1500, armor 20, and 6 PD CIWS with 16 size 32 plasma torps.  

Both classes are very tough to kill.  On the good side they appear to have limited fire control suites and don't spread thier fire very well.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline jocan2003

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 09:59:15 PM »
I realised if you spam them with size 1 missile they will turn the plasma torp toward to missile as point defense once you start hitting them, it diverted some fire from your ship as long you can keep shooting missiles. Thats how i kept them at bay :D, You need to shoot as much missile as the ennemy ship have launcher and your fine.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 03:10:19 AM »
not funny for me.
Am respect for u all,who "love" this feature.
For me,NPR r enough for much funny.
Every tactics towards "Invaders" are out of any RPG idea.

ever my 2 cents

am waitn for 5.2 srry Steve.

Offline symon

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 05:49:25 AM »
I'll also be glad when 5.20 gives us the ability to turn these guys off. Every time I've met them in playtest they result in 'game over', usually when they casually trash your home system.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Offline Starkiller

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010, 09:32:40 PM »
Heh. I discovered one doing the same as I was, in the fourth wormhole system I found. I was grav surveying, and so was he. I followed, with active sensors on, trying to glean as much info as I could.

[spoiler:2rbvbbil]I got a bit to close, and the little SOB rammed me. It said a strength 0 absorption shield explosion was detected. That told me it was likely an Invader survey vessel. Can you imagine? A 6000 ton ship ramming a 12000 ton one? He knocked my shields flat, tore through the armour and destroyed one engine, and that was it. Alien morons. What next? :)[/spoiler:2rbvbbil]

Eric

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 04:01:30 AM »
Quote from: "Starkiller"
Heh. I discovered one doing the same as I was, in the fourth wormhole system I found. I was grav surveying, and so was he. I followed, with active sensors on, trying to glean as much info as I could.

[spoiler:2u6yn894]I got a bit to close, and the little SOB rammed me. It said a strength 0 absorption shield explosion was detected. That told me it was likely an Invader survey vessel. Can you imagine? A 6000 ton ship ramming a 12000 ton one? He knocked my shields flat, tore through the armour and destroyed one engine, and that was it. Alien morons. What next? :)[/spoiler:2u6yn894]

Eric
IIRC Steve has set up both Precursors and [spoiler:2u6yn894]Invaders[/spoiler:2u6yn894] to ram if they have no weapons/ ammunition.
Welchbloke

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 05:59:50 AM »
One Battleship-class 64000tons rammed my Jumpgate builder...imagine explosion..:D

more and more deepest into  absurd...

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 06:03:57 AM »
Quote from: "waresky"
One Battleship-class 64000tons rammed my Jumpgate builder...imagine explosion..:D
Welchbloke

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 06:04:07 AM »
103k metrictonnes:)
Ok ok,,let me take a breath Welch:-D
 :roll:
Ehy..we have lost another "Bigger" designers uh,Welch?

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 07:43:28 AM »
103k metrictonnes:)
Ok ok,,let me take a breath Welch:-D
 :D
Welchbloke

Offline laz

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 09:49:55 AM »
Good grief an exploration ship of mine was passing through a system that had two stable wormholes. It was met at the jump point by about 19 Invader ships. Just how many of these buggers can come through these wormholes?!

Offline symon

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 10:19:34 AM »
My experience has been that is all too common. (grin).
That's why I'm waiting for 5.20.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.