Author Topic: Adjusting minerals present on homeworld  (Read 2430 times)

Offline PSI (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • P
Adjusting minerals present on homeworld
« on: May 10, 2014, 01:47:41 PM »
In 6. 4, I've found that it takes a few decades for me to start running out of minerals.
I tend to not leave Earth until a mineral crisis starts looming for RP reasons, so it takes a while for me to start exploring other systems.

While I think I could be playing more efficiently, I still think it would be neat if it were possible to adjust a percentage that determines how much is on the homeworld when you start a new game.

Offline 381654729

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
Re: Adjusting minerals present on homeworld
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 02:26:53 PM »
It is possible to manually adjust the mineral deposits on a homeworld (or any world) by using "SM Mods" on the Economics window. Of course this requires Spacemaster mode.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 02:37:03 PM »
It is possible to manually adjust the mineral deposits on a homeworld (or any world) by using "SM Mods" on the Economics window. Of course this requires Spacemaster mode.

Unfortunately, that is not quite correct. The SM Mods on Economics window allow you to adjust the number of minerals stockpiled on a planet. To adjust amount (and accessibility) of minerals on a planet you have to go to the system view (F9 I believe) and select "Specify Minerals".

Offline PSI (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • P
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 03:02:22 PM »
Oh, woops.  I haven't used SM Mode, and the System View screen doesn't work for me, so I didn't know that.
Still, I figure that if you can adjust wealth creation and other things on the new game screen, it would also make sense to be able to adjust mineral availability/accessibility.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 03:17:53 PM »
You should go ahead and look for an explanation how to make F9 work. It didn't work for me as well, but there is an explanation somewhere on this forum. The screen is very important, not only because of information it provides, but also due to the number of SM tools available to you. They may not be that important when you want to play Aurora as if it was any other 4x game, but when you want to start your own multi-player role-playing campaign that screen will be critical to make that work.
As for the mineral generation, it is adjusted depending on the population, although it's done automatically. As to whether or not the mineral adjustment should be on the race creation screen, it may be useful, but it's just a matter of convenience.

Offline PSI (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • P
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »
Well, nothing I've tried seems to make it work.  I've downloaded the msstdfmt. dll file and put it in the game directory to no avail.  Put it in the system files to no avail.  Downloaded the Simple Shutdown Timer, didn't work.
The Portable Release made it work. . . but ResizeEnable won't resize the windows when I use that.

Offline Lamandier

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Joker, Smoker, Midnight Toker
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 10:46:20 AM »
Have you turned on reduced size windows in the Game Parameters menu?
"In doing so, you will see things no human has ever seen before! It will be... fun! Assuming you're not vaporized, dissected, or otherwise killed in an assortment of supremely horrible and painful ways! Exciting, isn't it?"

Offline PSI (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • P
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 12:52:41 PM »
Have you turned on reduced size windows in the Game Parameters menu?
The windows are still too large (and some buttons are removed in the process) when I use that.