Author Topic: Slow down due to battle  (Read 3456 times)

Offline gorn (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • g
Slow down due to battle
« on: May 12, 2014, 04:04:26 PM »
I was playing normally until two alien races (one of them precursors) began a battle so I let the turns pass automatically.  I realized the battle was lasting too long so I activated SM mode to watch what was happening.  (See attached pictures).

I calculated when they would meet so I passed the turns until they should met but the situation was exactly the same, nobody moved a single millimeter though the precursors have a speed of 2153 km/s.

Is there a way to solve this? Maybe deleting the ships? How can I do this? Maybe there is another (and better) way?

Thanks in advance

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Slow down due to battle
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 11:24:40 PM »
The screenshots don't really tell me much, but anyway, battles tend to progress in 5 second increments. I suggest setting auto turns to a high number, clicking the button and grabbing a book.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline gorn (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 03:18:05 PM »
But at the distance they are and the speed precursors have, both fleets should meet after 7 hours but after 8 hours they are at the exact same position.  I think the problem is they'll never engage in combat.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 04:02:35 PM »
If you clicked the 8 hour increment button, the game probably stopped it after 5 seconds. You'll need to find out how many 5 second increments it will take, and use the force auto turns feature in the top right of the system map.

Offline gorn (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 04:22:36 PM »
I used the force auto turns until the 8 ingame hours passed.

Offline Sagal

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 03:02:54 PM »
Same happened to me, I just deleted the system (lost a couple ships though :/).  I think the precursors are following at a set distance or something, and they can't reload those boxlaunchers so. . . .  Eternal 5 sec!

Offline gorn (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 06:06:28 AM »
Thanks, it worked.