Author Topic: Docking: more than tractor beams  (Read 1490 times)

Offline 83athom (OP)

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Docking: more than tractor beams
« on: October 27, 2014, 09:56:26 AM »
Just like the subject title says, I am asking for another type of docking.  What I am asking for is something like hard docking (combining ship/station parts/sections into one), but the major change this is to tractor beams is that you can have more than one on a ship/station, but it also needs at least one on each part that are to be docked.  However, this would make it so that you cannot attach a military mission module (talked about in previous topics in the FAQ/Academy) or ship/station to a civilian ship/station because it would make the ship/station military, so tractor beams would still be of use.  I thought of this because I wanted to RP about my Star Base I am building to house my Main battle fleet, but I think this would be very helpful in more than just RP reasons, like the sharing of MSP/Munition/DCR/Reactor-power/shields automatically, with the benefit of if one section goes (destroyed) it can be ejected from the main mass (along with the sections attached to it though) without much effect (unless it was your weapons bay on your OWP over your planet during an attack, then your screwed).
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.