Author Topic: Engineering a rebellion on Eris?  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Starmantle (OP)

• Lieutenant
Engineering a rebellion on Eris?
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:29:11 PM »
Greetings, all.

Some pesky separatists have set up a colony on Eris outside the orbit of Pluto. They've raised a militia of a few dozen conventional units and Mobile Infantry and the political climate back on Earth has changed enough to allow the Commonwealth to finally send in Hovertank Division Alpha to retake the planet...

I thought there was a way to change control of an existing colony or ground units to an alien race or to otherwise make them hostile, but I can't find it.

Is there a way to do that?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Engineering a rebellion on Eris?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:05:36 PM »
The "Transfer" button on the bottom bar in the summary view.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Starmantle (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 07:34:44 PM »
When I click that transfer button, I get a message that says "no races have been created"

I'm in SM mode, I've encountered spoilers, and clicking to add an additional NPR to the scenario does nothing (and I started the game with 2 NPRS, though I've come in contact with neither)

I get the same message when I try the transfer button in Solarian Empires - Steve's scenario with lots of races/empires in Sol.

Has anyone actually done something like this before?  Is there some way to make some of my own units or colonies hostile by making them independent or associating them with the spoilers or someone?  Through this transfer button or otherwise?

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 08:26:29 PM »
Go to the system view, with SM mode on, and select Earth, then click "Create new race", and create a rebel faction. It will probably need to be a player race. Then establish contact with the main empire, delete the population the game created (with the "Abandon" button in the population and production screen), and transfer Eris to the rebels. Additionally, you may have to create an empty rebel colony on Eris before you can transfer.

I haven't actually done this before, so I'd recommend backing up the database before starting.

Offline Starmantle (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 09:41:57 PM »
Thanks for the help.  This sounds promising.

I'm having a hard time finding "Create new race," though.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 09:47:57 PM »
Sorry, should have been a little more specific. It's in the bottom right of the System Generation and Display View (F9 hotkey), when you have SM mode on.

Offline Starmantle (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 12:47:29 AM »
I think that did the trick!

Offline Starmantle (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 01:48:21 AM »
I just posted a fragment of my campaign story related to this in "What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?"

Thanks for making this possible, JacenHan.

I hope the atrocities don't weigh too heavily on your conscience :P