Author Topic: Aurora C# Screenshots  (Read 143886 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Aurora C# Screenshots
« Reply #225 on: July 09, 2016, 05:30:39 AM »
Steve used to have the ability to play a *.wav file (particular to the officer) whenever an ship with an officer would get a command in SA.  Not sure why he took it out - I always liked it, especially the "By your command" one.

John

I can't even remember why I removed it. I also used to have a theme associated with each race that played when you selected it or opened the Race Details window. Wouldn't be difficult to add back in.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #226 on: July 09, 2016, 09:40:42 AM »
Screenshots of the ground units tab. This first pair show the Japanese forces in 'population' view and then 'all units' view. Note the drop down next to the Transfer Local button. You can directly transfer ground units to other populations on the same planet, ground bases or ships in orbit. In this case a troop transport is top of the list and is showing its available capacity. if you try to move too many units, it will be loaded to capacity and the rest will not move.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #227 on: July 09, 2016, 10:08:17 AM »
These screenshots demonstrate the new multiple ground unit selection option in C# Aurora. This can be used for transferring units to other population or ships but will mainly be used to reassign units to new HQs. When assigning multiple units to an HQ, Aurora will work out the best arrangement (see the Changes List for more detail). In this case, one brigade HQ with four attached units is selected, a standalone brigade HQ and five standalone units. The Transfer button is pressed to transfer them all to the Division HQ. As part of the transfer process, Aurora attaches any standalone units to any available slots under a brigade HQ within the division (including HQ that are part of the same transfer). The second screenshot shows the result of the button click. One unit was not transferred because there were no available slots.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #228 on: July 09, 2016, 07:31:03 PM »
This is the new Ground Unit Training tab. While the layout is a little different, the main change is that units can be named before the task is created and renamed while the task is in progress. Also, low tech units will no longer be displayed as an option once mobile infantry has been researched.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #229 on: July 09, 2016, 07:55:49 PM »
This is the new Ground Unit Training tab. While the layout is a little different, the main change is that units can be named before the task is created and renamed while the task is in progress. Also, low tech units will no longer be displayed as an option once mobile infantry has been researched.
Can we at least be allowed to build cadres directly? Or be able to convert existing TN units to cadres?
I still personally use low-tech units even after trans-newtonian ones are discovered, because they allow me to build the first few of a newly researched unit more quickly, and allow me to forego a lot of the production time and the decision of the type of a unit to a future date, when I'll need them.

Might also be worth making a cadre the size of a Marine Company for easy transport too.
Would be unfortunate to no longer be able to utilize cadres, honestly  :(
If neither is considered, I'll probably just do Conventional Start games and make more low tech ground units than I'll ever need before researching TN units, I guess.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #230 on: July 10, 2016, 05:54:54 AM »
Can we at least be allowed to build cadres directly? Or be able to convert existing TN units to cadres?
I still personally use low-tech units even after trans-newtonian ones are discovered, because they allow me to build the first few of a newly researched unit more quickly, and allow me to forego a lot of the production time and the decision of the type of a unit to a future date, when I'll need them.

Might also be worth making a cadre the size of a Marine Company for easy transport too.
Would be unfortunate to no longer be able to utilize cadres, honestly  :(
If neither is considered, I'll probably just do Conventional Start games and make more low tech ground units than I'll ever need before researching TN units, I guess.

You will still be able to convert existing low tech units to cadres - you just won't be able to build new low tech units.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #231 on: July 10, 2016, 07:52:10 AM »
I've updated the industry tab to include fuel refineries and maintenance facilities. The mineral requirements and maintained ships will be covered in a different tab.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #232 on: July 10, 2016, 08:29:30 AM »
First screenshots of the mining tab. The major change is the addition of a detailed breakdown of mineral usage, plus I have included the modifiers for the different types of mining.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #233 on: July 10, 2016, 04:13:51 PM »
Is that monthly consumption?

e:  Its worth noting I never figured out how to properly interpret usage in the previous versions either.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 03:45:18 AM by QuakeIV »

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #234 on: July 11, 2016, 08:47:35 AM »
Is that monthly consumption?

e:  Its worth noting I never figured out how to properly interpret usage in the previous versions either.
It is all items in queues plus annual maintenance of ships in orbit.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #235 on: July 11, 2016, 06:36:34 PM »
You will still be able to convert existing low tech units to cadres - you just won't be able to build new low tech units.
So if I have no more low-tech units, I will be unable to have any more cadres, in spite of the benefits associated? That's unfortunate :(

Offline illrede

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • i
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2016, 09:15:08 PM »

That's too bad; sometimes I keep building Low-Tech for RP reasons. (I did a planetary invasion with them once; it was really something. Technically twice but by the time that was over there were Transnewtonian Armor Divisions all over the place and Fiannese was a language for the most part spoken in hell. The world-ocean froze over, even.)

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #237 on: July 12, 2016, 02:40:40 AM »
So if I have no more low-tech units, I will be unable to have any more cadres, in spite of the benefits associated? That's unfortunate :(

What are the benefits? It costs 50% more to build low tech units than the build bonus from the cadre. It is faster and less expensive to just build the HT unit than build a LT unit, create a cadre and then build the HT unit.

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #238 on: July 12, 2016, 04:14:50 AM »
You can stockpile cadres before unlocking a new TN unit and then quickly produce a bunch of those units once you have the tech.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2016, 12:27:49 PM »
You can stockpile cadres before unlocking a new TN unit and then quickly produce a bunch of those units once you have the tech.

Ah OK- so what you really need is not low tech units but an ability to part-build units before deciding how they will eventually be equipped?

It would be more realistic if I allow cadre production, as a way of partially training new units before equipping them with new technology.