Author Topic: Mining Vessels  (Read 1129 times)

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Mining Vessels
« on: September 20, 2017, 04:37:11 PM »
Hi,

sometimes when I send a mining fleet to a planet with "move to" it is recognized and automatic mining begins. But on other planets it does not. In either case I beforehand created a colony on those planets. Anybody an idea what causes this?

Offline Lordubik

• Leading Rate
  • L
Re: Mining Vessels
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 07:19:15 PM »
Any ship equipped with one or more "asteroids mining module" can only mine, as the module band says, asteroids and comets. To mine planets you need to bring there normal or automated mines.

Offline Silvarelion

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 12:59:14 AM »
There are also some issues with fuel harvesters and mines recognizing they are at a planet of you use a Join command, but yes, probably it has to do with asteroid miners can't mine planets.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath.
  ~The Mistake Not, Hydrogen Sonata, Iain Banks

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 04:16:21 PM »
Always send the additional asteroid miner, fuel harvester, or terraformer to the target location first. Then the second line is "join TG XYZ". That way the unit is counted as being at the location. This bu has been fixed for C# Aurora.

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 07:53:04 AM »
Thanx guys. Did not know that Aurora handles planets and asteroids different with that module - simply by their class definition. Alright, moving the AMs and MDs into position...