Author Topic: minimum requirement for civilian shipping  (Read 1079 times)

eponymous

minimum requirement for civilian shipping
« on: January 23, 2018, 10:39:09 PM »
im doing a reduced population conventional start, and as i am unwilling to exploit the "luna hokey pokey" for infinite wealth, i know the wealth crunch is my first big hurdle.   Or at least, i've got the hang of the Duranium and Corundium problems. . .

so i figure i need to get it in gear and get civilian shipping building me a big-ass colony on luna as quickly as possible (for trade and pop growth).   but because of my very modest means, every research project is a Big Stinking Deal.

does anybody know for sure the absolute minimum it takes for my civ shipping line to be willing to start spawning freighters?  will they build conventional engine ships?  do i need to R&D an actual engine?  do i need infrastructure on luna, or an actual population, and if the latter, how small?  'cos i'd be moving it with a 17 KKPS luxury liner, *literally* the worst ship ever built in Aurora. . .

tia and stuff

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: minimum requirement for civilian shipping
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 07:45:17 PM »
You need infra on Luna. Nothing else. That allows creation of space liners. For freighters you need to research Cargo Handling System and for Colony Ships you need Cryogenic Units. They will use whatever engines are available.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
Re: minimum requirement for civilian shipping
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 01:03:56 PM »
You need a valid shipping destination that is not your homeworld.