Author Topic: How to destroy civilian ship?  (Read 1838 times)

Offline crayun (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • c
How to destroy civilian ship?
« on: May 09, 2010, 03:52:22 PM »
Does someone know how to kill a civilian ship?

Because i have a shipping line, that has a ship with no name. So it's causing me some errors.

Can someone help me?

Offline schroeam

• Lt. Commander
  • s
  • "Let's try a new strategy, let the Wookiee win"
Re: How to destroy civilian ship?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 09:49:20 AM »
You can attack it with your warships, bad for civilian morale (they become an enemy) or you can go into SM mode and create a new player race, give yourself enough tech to have a decent chance of catching and destroying the civvie, then create a couple warships and go pirating.  You can then have a good ole space battle when your warships catch the pirates.  Hope this helps.

Adam.

Offline crayun (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • c
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 03:16:20 AM »
I've the same problem again. I was hoping that I maby can fix it in designer mode. But i don't have te password :(. I hope steve reads this. Because i can't send messages.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 08:28:36 AM »
Quote from: "crayun"
I've the same problem again. I was hoping that I maby can fix it in designer mode. But i don't have te password :(. I hope steve reads this. Because i can't send messages.
We need to figure out why your shipping line is creating ships without a name. Does the shipping line itself have a name?

Steve

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 01:02:42 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "crayun"
We need to figure out why your shipping line is creating ships without a name. Does the shipping line itself have a name?

Steve
Along similar lines, I have been watching the event updates for the Precursors (in Designer Mode) and I have noticed that they have started to assign blank class names to encountered ships.  No error messages yet, but it might be related.
Welchbloke

Offline DatAlien

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »
I have a similar problem.
I gave my first class of a colonisation ship (along with most of my other classes, but in this cases I was able too change them and the too long ship names) a too long name and din't notice this (my own are named after cities) until a shipping line launched one ,used the old "number all ships of a class"-name typ and get a ship without a / with a too long name.
This cause a lot of NULL Errors.
Re-Number dint work and I cant target the unnamed ship

Are there othere possible solutions beside restart or using DB-Password? (Or a NPC-Race thats running havoc in the solar system)

(sorry for my english)
Per se ad astra

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 06:32:23 PM »
Actually, I think destroying the ships might not fix it entirely; I'm pretty sure destroyed ships stay in the database, they're just not looked up as often.

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 06:18:53 AM »
Quote from: "Vanigo"
Actually, I think destroying the ships might not fix it entirely; I'm pretty sure destroyed ships stay in the database, they're just not looked up as often.

Nope - once a ship is destroyed the record is removed from the database - this is to reduce the bloat effect that all Access databases suffer to some extent.
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 03:59:35 PM »
Quote from: "ZimRathbone"

Nope - once a ship is destroyed the record is removed from the database - this is to reduce the bloat effect that all Access databases suffer to some extent.
...Is there a destroyed ship table they get moved to, then? It definitely keeps some sort of record; destroyed alien ships still show up in the foreign intelligence window.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 07:39:01 PM »
Quote from: "ZimRathbone"

...Is there a destroyed ship table they get moved to, then? It definitely keeps some sort of record; destroyed alien ships still show up in the foreign intelligence window.

Destroyed ships (from combat or SM) are kept in the DB and just have a 'wreck' boolean flagged as True.

Deleted ships (by using SM) are removed.

Offline AirborneRifles

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 02:47:36 PM »
Quote from: adradjool link=topic=2582. msg25606#msg25606 date=1273502960
You can attack it with your warships, bad for civilian morale (they become an enemy) or you can go into SM mode and create a new player race, give yourself enough tech to have a decent chance of catching and destroying the civvie, then create a couple warships and go pirating.   You can then have a good ole space battle when your warships catch the pirates.   Hope this helps.

Adam.

I'm having an issue where my civie freighters are failing to transit a jump point where there is a jump point (I accidentally cancelled orders for my shipping lines).   Can someone walk me through how to create a new player race to destroy these ships?  I haven't been able to figure out how to do it in a way that lets me take control of the race.