Author Topic: Multiplayer Aurora (not a suggestion)  (Read 1456 times)

Offline nichaey (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • n
Multiplayer Aurora (not a suggestion)
« on: June 11, 2010, 02:34:59 AM »
I am planning on doing a sort of "let's play" game of Aurora. The goal will be to be the sole surviving group of humans.

I am looking for people to 'rp' the different groups. This will be done in a few ways and will require some thought and planning from the participants.
They are:
-General plans such as "set up a mining colony on mars"
-Conditional orders such as "if any other group approaches active sensor range of the mars colony tell them that moving closer will be considered an act of war"
-Fleet and tactics orders
-Ship building orders such as "design and build a missile defense ship with a maximum speed of 4K/s that is capable of fielding 100+ missiles/ minute"

The idea is that you would generalize your orders and interactions in Pms, hiding your intentions from other players. I will then play out the game and Pm the parties involved when I require specific reactions (such as Thermonuclear war :P).

I am still fleshing out the details, and would appreciate any thoughts on it. Here are some of the rules that I am thinking of.

Frozen research. not only do I not want to keep track of 5 different tech trees and keeping scientists employed, and I want each group to have a very distinctive flavour.

Hidden assets PDCs will be considered hidden from active scanning until they have fired or a ground invasion has commenced.
 this may require the writeups to lag behind the action, or some retroactive editing.

Common knowledge once a hidden asset such as a ship built offplanet or a pdc become known to a hostile group, then that is considered common knowledge. (this is to prevent writeups from lagging behind too far)
*note, communication rules will apply*

post here if you interested in taking part or have any suggestions. I will post a map and starting ships and whatnot should enough people prove interested.
there are at minimum 4 open slots, but I ask for you to be fairly regular with your forum visits, otherwise it will take forever to get anything done. (bi-weekly at least, preferably)

p.s. I apologize for any misgrammaring and bad spelling caused by the time of night which I chose to write this post

Offline nichaey (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • n
Re: Multiplayer Aurora (not a suggestion)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 12:42:57 PM »
due to what seems like a complete lack of interest here I will be moving this to different forum.

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:01:03 AM »
not so much lack of interest - more (at least in my case) a complete lack of time - PC time is down to a couple of hours a week!
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 07:14:24 AM »
So a bit like Diplomacy, only with Aurora? Sign me up.