Author Topic: Bugs you may know about, but...  (Read 4383 times)

Offline coldsteel (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Bugs you may know about, but...
« on: November 28, 2006, 09:20:06 AM »
Engine Room patterns. On ships with x.5 engines per MP, SA groups engines backwards, where the last engine room wouldn't have enough power to move the ship.

example: BC hull needs 2.5 I per MP. SA groups engines 3/2/3/2/3/2 when they should be 2/3/2/3/2/3 for a speed 6 BC.

Fighter munitions. IIRC, I mentioned this before, but the F5 screen will not display fighter ecm and eccm pods for the magazine loadout. Nor will their costs be reflected.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by coldsteel »
ziggy zoggy ziggy zoggy oi oi oi!
<chug>

Offline coldsteel (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Bugs you may know about, but...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 02:14:21 PM »
Also, I noticed that on two of the Empires on a mess-around game, any ships bigger than a DD will not appear unless you're reorganizing ships between fleets in the F4 window.
<chug>

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:09:44 PM »
Quote from: "coldsteel"
Engine Room patterns. On ships with x.5 engines per MP, SA groups engines backwards, where the last engine room wouldn't have enough power to move the ship.

example: BC hull needs 2.5 I per MP. SA groups engines 3/2/3/2/3/2 when they should be 2/3/2/3/2/3 for a speed 6 BC.

Not a bug...
09.05.05 Some ships, such as light cruisers, are special cases because they receive one MP for every 1.5 engines. (That is, a speed 6 CL has a total of 6*1.5=9 engines.) Engine rooms aboard CLs are arranged in groups of 1 and 2 engines which must alternate. Remember that engine rooms (not the engine systems in a given engine room) may be separated by other systems, though they are shown as single chains for the purpose of the CL examples below. For example, a speed 6 CL's engines could be arranged "(I)(II)(I)(II)(I)(II)" or "(II)(I)(II)(I)(II)(I)". A CL with an odd number of movement points could make up the difference with an "i" (or "ic") mounted in its last engine room. Thus a speed 5 CL would have 5*1.5=7.5 "I," mounted "(I)(II)(I)(II)(Ii)".

Stephen

Offline xtfoster

• Petty Officer
  • x
  • Discord Username: Bari#6471
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 06:14:35 PM »
Quote from: "Shinanygnz"
Quote from: "coldsteel"

Not a bug...
09.05.05 Some ships, such as light cruisers, are special cases because they receive one MP for every 1.5 engines. (That is, a speed 6 CL has a total of 6*1.5=9 engines.) Engine rooms aboard CLs are arranged in groups of 1 and 2 engines which must alternate. Remember that engine rooms (not the engine systems in a given engine room) may be separated by other systems, though they are shown as single chains for the purpose of the CL examples below. For example, a speed 6 CL's engines could be arranged "(I)(II)(I)(II)(I)(II)" or "(II)(I)(II)(I)(II)(I)". A CL with an odd number of movement points could make up the difference with an "i" (or "ic") mounted in its last engine room. Thus a speed 5 CL would have 5*1.5=7.5 "I," mounted "(I)(II)(I)(II)(Ii)".

Stephen
Correct. In 3rdR it was allowed to be either way. It wasn't until GSF that the requirement was added that the last engine room had to be large enough to provide 1 MP (and that any half-sized engines are part of the first engine room (before the first full sized engine))