Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 263807 times)

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #1755 on: September 28, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »
Just had something somewhere in an orbit of someplace divide by zero. An amazing accomplishment to be sure but I think they just triggered an annihilation event where they did it, which is why my Empire detected it through the vastness of space. Edit; And I think said empire has weaponized this universal anomaly and is using it to fight an intergalactic war as I am now detecting these emissions basically twice a month. Good job guys, you are tearing this universe apart. Keep it up any longer and I may have to move to yet another universe where my allies of many decades who has been sharing survey data with me doesn't suddenly show up over my homeworld and unleashes thousands of missiles upon my citizens.

Just a small divide by zero error screen popped up for an increment, so I give it a little flavor because I'm getting bored waitin for C# for a large scale game I have planed.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:47:13 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #1756 on: October 03, 2017, 03:18:18 PM »
System just next to Solar one had both 80% ground/logistic anomaly and 60% power/propulsion one (!). Now scouts in other system just two jumps from Earth have found 100% energy anomaly. Good seed. Especially when lasers are my main weapon. Hoping for Advanced lasers now.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #1757 on: October 05, 2017, 08:51:51 AM »
Found an interesting planetary pair. One planet is listed as a moon as it is orbiting another planet, yet they are identical in size, mass, density, and gravity (1.22G). Only difference being the "planet" is Venus like (59atm of pressure, all deadly gasses) while the "moon" is Earth-like in atmopshere. Another oddity is that this is in a nebula. Also, alien civilization detected there... with several ships with active sensors locking on my survey ship.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1758 on: October 06, 2017, 12:05:12 AM »
Can you imagine their astronomical beliefs? Nebula blocks other stars, so the only objects in the sky are their local star and the Venus they are actually orbiting.

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #1759 on: October 06, 2017, 10:58:00 AM »
Once they got telescopes they should actually be able to see other stars, especially if they're near the edge of the nebula.

Radio should also be able to provide a great deal of info about the rest of the galaxy.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #1760 on: October 09, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »
Summary of state of Trisabria Federation after ~50 years from conventional start (for comparison with other universes).

Galaxy
  • 14 systems visited, intentionally slow exploration
  • all of them fully grav surveyed, 12 fully geosurveyed too
  • one NPR met, we are allies now
Constraints
  • conventional start, only lasers, gauss cannons and few missiles
  • no biology research, no terraforming, no disaster
  • no sorium harvester (not even researched so no civilian ones either), maintenance needed
  • no continuous enlarging of shipyards, just steps needed for given size
  • duplicity of ship systems whenever possible, every ship should have size 1 TH+EM sensors
Colonies
  • Sol

• 1807M on Earth and 87M in 3 other populations
    • 7x automated mining stations with total of 541 automines
    • 5x CMC with total of 49 civmines
  • Manchester

• 41M in 3 populations; 60% Pow/Prop anomaly, 80% Log/Ground anomaly
  • Alta

• 0.1M in 1 population; 100% Energy anomaly
  • Nastrand

• 1x automated mining station with just one automine
Research
  • 30cm laser, Far Ultraviolet laser, Capacitor 6, Magneto-Plasma drive, Laminate armour
  • Gauss cannon ROF5, 8x MSP warhead, 100 agility per MSP
  • TH14, EM14, Active 28, Fire Control 48k km and 8000 km/s, Turret 8000 km/s
Industry
  • 1775 construction factories, 106 research facilities
  • 800 mines, 581 automines,  490 automines in civmines
  • 4x commercial shipyard with 120k size and 9 slipways in total
  • 7x military shipyard with 96k size and 15 slipways together
  • 250k wealth, income is currently covering only like 70% of expenditures
Ships
  • 5 geosurvey, 4 gravsurvey, 20 big cargo, 6 small cargo
  • 3.75kt frigates: 4x with full sensor suite
  • 7.5kt destroyers: 8 with 8xGC; 4 with 16xAMM; 4 with 4x20cm lasers; 2 with frigate hangar
  • 15kt cruisers: 10 with 18x15cm lasers
  • 22.5kt battlecruisers: 2 with 2x38cm lasers, 4x20cm lasers, 6x15cm lasers and 4xGC
  • 20ish other tankers, scouts, couriers and troop transports

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #1761 on: October 09, 2017, 06:48:04 PM »

Known universe so far about 30 years in. 3 confirmed species out there so far, one being almost completely wiped out. Another 2 theorised in the Sainte-Eulalie-de-Cernon system as active combat was taking place far in the inner system while my 2 survey ships there were 3.5b km from the fighting.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #1762 on: October 11, 2017, 07:51:11 AM »
Yay for the first civilian mining colony established in other system than Sol. And this one is definitely not going to be used for selling ores to civilian market.

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #1763 on: October 11, 2017, 03:52:39 PM »
As far as I can tell, civilian mining complexes only show up on uncolonized sites with .8 Sorium or Duranium or better.  I have had beautiful rocks with .7 duranium in huge quantities and lots of other stuff, but the damn civilians were too picky for it.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #1764 on: October 12, 2017, 02:29:30 AM »
As far as I can tell, civilian mining complexes only show up on uncolonized sites with .8 Sorium or Duranium or better.  I have had beautiful rocks with .7 duranium in huge quantities and lots of other stuff, but the damn civilians were too picky for it.
They will go for 0.7 duranium or sorium but only after there are no better places. And it has still be in decently populated system (10M) with decent amount of ore (15k), without your colony already there and not too far from the star (80AU). Places with better accessibility or bigger amounts of ore, located in more populated systems, are picked first.

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #1765 on: October 17, 2017, 12:04:00 AM »
I decided to have this conventional start game have two ruins in Sol, just to see how it changed things for me.

Had an amusing situation where I had JUST started research on my first missile, a geo survey buoy, and I get an ordnance factory from the ruins.

The big difference in my game so far is that I pushed for troop transports and construction brigades way earlier than I normally would, and will have a lot more of them when I first push out new colonies.  Should make establishing PDC carrier bases easy, even in systems with nothing easy to colonize.

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #1766 on: October 18, 2017, 02:14:29 AM »
The very first grav survey point in a system revealed two jump points.  Very convenient having 3 jump points very close together.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #1767 on: October 21, 2017, 05:43:41 PM »
The very first grav survey point in a system revealed two jump points.  Very convenient having 3 jump points very close together.
Second gravsurvey point:

Offline Hazard

• Commodore
  • H
« Reply #1768 on: October 21, 2017, 05:53:23 PM »
You are either going to love this (all those short transit times) or hate this (lose this hub system and suddenly 3 entire branches of your empire are under threat).

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #1769 on: November 01, 2017, 04:44:45 PM »
There is a planet with a huge number of moons in the inner system, and the outermost moon comes within point defense spitting range of the next planet in.

An inhabited planet, incidentally.