Author Topic: Forum Slowdown  (Read 5159 times)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Forum Slowdown
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 08:47:58 AM »
In case that you really set your mind to move, could you please post a warning here a couple days before? :) I have some text that I would like to save up, just in case.

It's not a matter of wanting to, it's more of a need to. If the site is not moved to a new plan/host, then the slowdowns will persist. And that benefits no one in the long run.

I am leaning to a new plan with the current host, which (in theory) should make the site move seamless. But, yes. I will give you all a warning before I move.

Offline MWadwell

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 05:47:02 AM »
Forum is extremly slow for me now, hardly possible to use at all.

I wouldn't say it is impossible to use, but I do have time to play a game of solitaire while waiting for the next page to load.....  ;D

(And sad to say, that is only a slight exageration....)
Later,
Matt

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 04:42:37 PM »
I have a new theory that the forum is not actually slow, but is only submitting data in pulses at certain intervals. I recognized that if I press another button directly after a page loaded, it usually loads that next page instantly too, without any delay, so there is a window.
No idea if this is helpful.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 06:09:53 AM »
I have a new theory that the forum is not actually slow, but is only submitting data in pulses at certain intervals. I recognized that if I press another button directly after a page loaded, it usually loads that next page instantly too, without any delay, so there is a window.
No idea if this is helpful.
So the forum is getting interrupts? Maybe the sub pulse length is wrong, it's probably from the kitchen bots spamming the forum with sensor requests.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "