Author Topic: Interstellar Civilian Contracts?  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Barkhorn (OP)

• Commodore
  • B
Interstellar Civilian Contracts?
« on: June 12, 2017, 07:32:17 PM »
I have a colony in Proxima Centauri I want to ship auto mines and mass drivers to, and I was hoping to use civilian shipping to do it.  I have a demand for 120 automines and 2 mass drivers on Proxima Centauri 2, and a supply of 120 automines and 2 mass drivers on Wolf (a comet in Sol) scheduled.  There is a working pair of jumpgates between the systems.  Why are these contracts not being filled?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Interstellar Civilian Contracts?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 09:47:05 PM »
Chances are there are shorter routes/contracts that they are fulfilling.

Offline Barkhorn (OP)

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 11:01:02 PM »
I have no other contracts.  Could it be trade taking up all their time?

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 12:31:36 AM »
Check position of comet and JP - possibly Wolf may be currently on the other side of Sol and shipping lines have usually quite big and thus slow ships. Maybe can some comets even get out of their range.

Check Ctrl+L Shipping Line screen. There you see both what transports they have recently done, what ships they have and where are those currently going and with what cargo. Do they even have some freighters? If yes and they seem too busy with other tasks, try to clear their orders or subsidize the shipping line to build more ships.

Another idea: if the system is considered dangerous civies won't go there. This is related to the damage ships (yours only I think?) have taken in that system in recent weeks. It can be mitigated by positioning some warships in given system.

Offline Titanian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 07:04:37 AM »
In my experience civilian shipping lines won't ship installations from bodies without population present.

Offline davidb86

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 02:40:56 PM »
If I remember correctly, civilian ships evaluate the available requests after they unload at a colony. So if they just unloaded something on earth, they will look to pick up something there to take on the next leg.  If Wolf is not in the inner system, then they are likely finding a more profitable run rather than wasting time and fuel making a deadhead run to the outer system.

One way to get them out to Wolf would be to send something to Wolf, but as there is probably nothing you want to send out to a depleted mining colony, you will probably need to use your own freighters to bring the automines back into the inner system or wait for the comet to come back into the inner system.

Also check to see if the total trip (current location to wolf, to JG to colony in Proxima) is less than the range on they civilian freighter. you can find the range of the civilian ships under the fuel button in the system map.

The following users thanked this post: Barkhorn

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 07:08:46 PM »
Yes, civilians re-evaluate after dropping off cargo.

Had a huge surge of colony ships over pop a colony, going from 5 million to about 30.  So I switched it to source, and they loaded up...  then the colony was below 25 mil, and the colony ships said, "hey!  Lets dump them there!  And get paid for it!"

Lather, rinse, repeat, until the infrastructure finally arrived.