Author Topic: The Chicxulub Crater debates  (Read 6288 times)

Offline Panopticon (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
The Chicxulub Crater debates
« on: August 20, 2011, 05:51:12 PM »
Use this thread for public debate and discussion, if it gets too messy I'll split things up.

The diplomatic situation as it stands on January 1st 2035 is fairly decent, nations generally trade with each other fairly and regard each other as fellow survivors, with a bond that transcends national borders. At least that is what they say to their loyal public. In reality the only major things agreed on is trade and mutual defense against more Invader incursions. Relations are cordial though in most cases, with the exception of Neo Italy, which thoroughly creeps everyone out, and Inuk, which doesn't talk much and has not been bothered to send a representative regularly for some time.

Offline shadenight123

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • Gamer's thoughts-my blog
Re: The Chicxulub Crater debates
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 04:15:07 AM »
Neo-Italian Research Installation Laboratories aka N.I.R.I.L

"plans are great for the growth estimates"
"we could colonize the desert"
"that's an idiocy"
"it's not for you to decide N° 279384, it doesn't even have two consecutives number "
"now, don't get me started on your number 23666!"
"i'm older, you should respect my number"
"zit it you two! i'm trying to work here!"
"sorry chief!"

Ambassador at the Chicxulub Crater= Original himself. (or so it's told)
Troops stationed at the Chicxulub Crater= three low tech armor and three low tech infantry. to increase creepyness, each of them only wears helmets which are completely black on the outside, (like astronauts helmets) but they can see just fine (polarized glass?)

Messages to the rest of the people:
"well then, does any of you have plan to exploit this good quantity of materials and resources in here? radiation apart, obviously" the guy speaking is happily smiling, sitting on the chair his hand crossed on the air, his arms on the table. (like the "excellent" of mister burns) "i have the feeling that Russia would greatly benefit from our interest in their ... space, that's why, i just wanted to warn that we will start heavy colonization of russian territory. Most of it is empty after all, and italy is soo small, and you wouldn't have an idea how much more industrial complexes i am building..."
people die all the time, it's not a problem.
it is if you're sending them to die.
i'm not. they just need to learn to be better.
at NOT BREATHING ON MARS!?
they need NOT TO CARE!
my blog (updated 17/12/2011) (updated every saturday):
http://shadenight123.blogspot.com/

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
Ambassador Sugawara Masakiyo is positioned at the Chicxulub Crater and its international territory, acting as the spokesman of the Japanese Alliance. Through the course of the last two years vague reports about a potential build-up of arms in territory of both the Northern Kingdom and Inuk have reached the ears of his country and Prime Minister Seiko has issued him with political investigations into the matter.

"Trans-newtonian technology is a leap in the scientific knowledge of the human race. It presents us with a great many opportunities and new fields of research. But the past has shown us - quite visibly - that the new elements can also be used as a means of war and destruction. We all have seen felt the swath of havoc the Invader's weapons caused on the surface of our blue planet and on the citizens of our nations - Their scars still mar its surface and our society.Thus I have to announce the concern of the Japanese Alliance and its people regarding vague information about military activities of the Northern Kingdom and Inuk.
The wound trans-newtonian weaponry caused on earth is still open and bleeding, half the Earth left without proper government and law. Because of this, we the Japanese Alliance would like to propose a debate about restrictions upon what armament we all bear on our mutual planet and how the technology concerning such weaponry should be handled, as an act of despair in face of a new use of Invader arms may render our scarred planet entirely inhospital."1

1 Due to the japanese language and how they learn other lanuages most of them have a distinct accent, making them pronounce a faint 'u' or 'a' after a word that ends on a consonant. Ambassador Masakiyo has such an accent and it's quite audible in his case.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:19:12 PM by Vynadan »

Offline Elouda

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 06:38:54 PM »
The Ambassador of the Mediterranean Community, Akram Qasem, shares his thoughts on recent events.

"The Mediterranean Community would like voice its own concerns about the unconfirmed reports of events in the Northern Kingdom and Inuk. Like the homourable Ambassador for the Japanese Alliance, we feel it is of utmost importance to focus our efforts on constructive uses of the limitless possibilities afforded to us by the new trans-newtonian materials. In the wake of the Invasion, we cannot afford to misuse these as a means to resolve conflict as humanity has all too often done in the past. We would like to announce our support of the motion by the Japanese Alliance to open a debate about armament restrictions, along with a proposal for transparency in all weapons and defence projects for the future. Thank you."

Offline mavikfelna

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 08:52:19 PM »
2038, Adam Renaldi, New Zion ambassador to the crater.

"We agree with our Japanese and Mediterranean colleagues and wish for an open and honest debate. We desire a peaceful future for all and hope that all that Humanity has suffered would teach us all humility and leave us with a desire to support each other."

Offline FGRaptor

• Petty Officer
    • Minecraft Creations
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 09:49:31 PM »
Ambassador Lord Thomas of Ashford, 1st Baron of Ashford, is the Northern Kingdom's representative on the neutral grounds of the Chicxulub Crater.  Since the arrival of the diplomatic team in 2035, the ambassador spent most of his time in the recently finished Ambassador's Manor.  When debates started that involved the Northern Kingdom, the ambassador was suddenly quite active.  The rising activity made the Manor and surrounding facilities for the other representatives look similar to a startled anthill.

After a few hours a press conference is called in front of the Northern Kingdom Embassy.  The following is then streamed live to the rest of the Embassies.

A secretary enters the podium.

"In the name of Her Majesty, Queen Louise the First of the Northern Kingdom, Ambassador Lord Thomas of Ashford, 1st Baron of Ashford, will now speak to you. "

The secretary steps down and the Ambassador enters.

"I, Ambassador of the Northern Kingdom, Lord Thomas of Ashford, 1st Baron of Ashford, shall now speak to you, in the name of Her Majesty, Queen Louise the First of the Northern Kingdom, about the recent concerns of our neighbours involving apparent 'military activities' in our Northern Kingdom.

First, however, I would like to speak praise where praise is due.  Our renown geology team, led by Veronika Zacharias, has made incredible discoveries.  Only a few years back they found large deposits of Trans-Newtonian materials.  This is only a small and only one example of the efforts and the contribution of the Northern Kingdom for a better life on our planet – for everyone.

We also lost a very scientist, Prof.  Lothar Tell, a few years back.  He was a very important member of the scientific society, especially on the subjects of Trans-Newtonian technology in the areas of Ground Combat and Logistics.  His death was a fatal blow.
However I want to dismiss all claims that he died in conjunction with any research regarding new weapon systems.  His death was a very tragic car accident and his family is still in grief.  No wild theories about his death will change that fact.

Our glorious Northern Kingdom has nothing to hide and we strife to improve the life for everyone on this planet.  We do not wish for conflict.  All reports of military academy are simply training exercises.  We always want to be prepared to defend ourselves, nothing more.  Equipping our troops with state of the art equipment is part of this defence improvement as well.
Our kingdom is of course open to all discussion if we can avoid conflict this way.

We cannot speak for the Inuk however, and we do not have any other information on them either.  Any and all connection between them and our efforts are non-existant.  I am also sorry to inform you that I have no time for questions right now, so I will take my leave.

All hail Her Imperial and Royal Majesty Louise the First, Queen of the Northern Kingdom! All hail the Northern Kingdom!"

Leaving the shouting press behind the ambassador then simply turns around and retreats into his Manor.  The gates to the Embassy are quickly closed and the press left outside.
Minecraft Creations

Offline shadenight123

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 01:45:51 AM »
Comment on recent events on the Neo-italy news, (worldwide diffusion)

"i'd like to comment that we do not care wherever or not the inuks or the northern kingdom trains troops to conquer half the world, we do care to state however, that in the event of any wounding coming to even one of our citizen, we shall declare complete and total war against any attacker and begin mass missile barraging, with no qualms on what gets destroyed or killed...We are legion. Kill one of us, and suffer hell out of the rest. This is quite frankly all the Original will say on the matter, on other news right about now, we are ready to begin building the first ships. We shall leave this planet to explore new ones, and our geo teams shall maybe be the first one to be dropped onto our moon, or on other planets. What glorious day for the Neo-italy meritocracy! what a glorious day for the original."
they need NOT TO CARE!

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 11:28:53 AM »
The Northern Kingdom's reply managed to alleviate most of the concerncs the Japanese Alliance had concerning the near future - Inuk however remained silent as they apparently often did, which didn't sit well with the officials back in Japan. News from Neo-Italy however right-out startled both the Alliance government and civilian population, as their message could only be taken as a direct threat towards the entire human populace of Earth and not be blamed on a bad choice of words. Hence, Ambassador Masakiyo announced another official statement:

"The quick response of the Northern Kingdom was well received with the Japanese Alliance - We have to thank the Northern Kingdom for their consideration of humanity's well-being, the efforts of Veronika Zacharias and her team. I can assure you, Ambassador Lord Thomas of Ashford, that the loss of Lothar Tell is griefed among Earth's scientific scene. Due to the nature of the reply, we see the Northern Kingdom as willing to participate in a global contract to restrict weaponry station on Earth and consider them an Ally in the debate for the exact points of such an agreement.

However, I have to address a different and more sombre matter as well, namely the public statement of Neo-Italy.
We were already aware of the indifference the Neo-Italian population and government shows towards the outside world, but we believe that even they cannot be without an opinion on the armament of fellow nations on Earth. Further, I can name the direct and pronounced threat of using nuclear weaponry as the answer to any kind of opposition towards Neo-Italias plans as nothing less but unacceptable. It is an outrage to also announce the billing of any civilian casulties and furthermore even the implication of purposfully destroying civilian structures and persons. We believe that an apology of the Neo-Italian government regarding their violent, obviously irresponsible and even self-destructive retort to show their dishonesty with such serious inhumanly barbarous words.
We, the Japanese Alliance, deem it important for all greater nations of the planet to participate in the debates and hopefully the restriction of arms - And even the Neo-Italian populace cannot live on a irradiated and devastated world that nuclear or trans-newtonian weaponry would caus."

Offline FGRaptor

• Petty Officer
    • Minecraft Creations
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 12:15:57 PM »
The scene inside the Northern Kingdom Embassy remained quite hectic and seemed to reach a high point after the public statement of Neo-Italy.  All requests for statements regarding their public address were refused and the Ambassador and the Northern Kingdom remained silent, awaiting someone else to make the first step.

After the Japanese Alliance stepped forward the situation in the Embassy seemed to cool down a bit and after their statement the Ambassador of the Northern Kingdom, Lord Thomas of Ashford, 1st Baron of Ashford, addressed the public as well.

"I, Ambassador Lord Thomas of Ashford, will speak to you again today, in the name of Her Majesty, Queen Louise the First of the Northern Kingdom.  Certain things have come to our attention, but first we want to appreciate the friendly response from the Japanese Alliance and their appreciation of the efforts of our glorious Northern Kingdom.  Both our nations seem to pursuit the same goal of a peaceful world.

I am also pleased to announce that Her Majesty, Queen Louise the First, has stated her interest in treaties between our Northern Kingdom and the Japanese Alliance, beneficial to both our Nations.  I will not be able to respond to any questions regarding this issue as of now, but Her Majesty believes that we would benifit from a joint effort of our Nations.

Now, however, I have to address a more negative and pressing issue indeed.  I mean, of course, the public statement of Neo-Italy.  We agree with the Japanese Alliance and Ambassador Masakiyo and we, especially, would like an apology from Neo-Italy, as we will not stand for any accusations of planning a world war.  In the aftermath of the Invasion no one would want this and Her Majesty, Queen Louise the First, is shocked by such accusations of the Neo-Italy government.

Talks regarding the issue of armaments and their usage on our dear planet are deemed necessary by Her Majesty.  With their statement of expanding this issue into the vastness of space, our Northern Kingdom also deems it necessary to discuss the issue of armaments for spacefaring vessels as well as the issue of claiming territory in our solar system.

While Neo-Italy's venture into Russia may just be a smaller issue, we do not wish to think about the impact of their policy regarding other places in our solar system. "

A short pause by the Ambassador.

"All hail Her Imperial and Royal Majesty Louise the First, Queen of the Northern Kingdom! All hail the Northern Kingdom!"
Minecraft Creations

Offline shadenight123

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »
somewhere deep beneath the Vesuvio
"you scared them to death sir" points out one of the originals bodyguards.
The original laughs. "i know, i know. but it's best to poke the underground nest once to see if there are ants or rattlesnakes down there. Now have one of my clones issue an apology, they won't even recognise the difference. And in the event that they do try something military, their own words about "having to work together, not wishing for war" shall bite back at them, and at their popularities polls. Oh, yes, i was nearly forgetting. Have the new batch of citizens ready by the morrow, we will have them have some tourism around the world. Maybe have them transferred in other countries. Couple centuries, and everyone will have black hair and eyes. And they won't budge against our peoples transfers...after all "we must all work together, right?" and i "can't" imprison my own people in italy...if they "wish" to leave it... "
"yes sir."
"and please...do make the one who apologies look convincing"
"yes sir"

Neo-italy "The original" new words, public presence at the crater.
"i am here to make a public amendment to my previous speech to the nation. Most probably due to fervant patriotism and brotherhood my words ended up transfigured by the newspapers...as sadly it's become an italian costume, which i am in the process of cleaning up. I offer my deepest and sincere apologies about the incident. I would like to recall however, that neo-italy is the first in not wishing a war, since the brothership which unites us is stronger than that of anyone else, it's the bonds of blood and family. That is why when i received reports of weaponizing, i acted rather foolishly, nobody likes to see his own family menaced...isn't it right?"
*there are loud claps from the entire italian population present at the crater...which is quite eery, if nobody else claps*
"this is all. I do hope relations may return to normality." and The original goes back to his tend.
they need NOT TO CARE!

Offline Naismith

• Chief Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 05:10:46 PM »
An excerpt from emperor Gregor's introductory speech to the Chicxulub assembly.  

I am however concerned by resent  talk of limiting military development.  
While peace is an admirable goal, and it is true we must be careful not to destroy ourselves with our newfound power, it is still crucial that humanity has a strong military.  
We don't know where the Invaders came from, but we do know they were programed to destroy us.  
And for all we know their creators are still out there building  improved models as we speak.  

I've lost too many good men and women fighting those rustbuckets with what might as well have been rocks and sticks.  If I have to face them again I want it to be on equal terms, or better yet with an unfair advantage.  
That is why we must have a strong defense.  

Offline FGRaptor

• Petty Officer
    • Minecraft Creations
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 07:54:30 AM »
Only a few days after the reports from the Esperanza reached Earth, the Northern Kingdom Embassy was busy again.  Shortly thereafter Ambassador Lord Thomas of Ashford appeared again to address the other nations and the public.

"In the name of Her Majesty, Queen Louise the First of the Northern Kingdom, I, Ambassador Lord Thomas of Ashford, 1st Baron of Ashford, will speak to you today.

As you all will sure have heard, the Communidad Mediterraneo launched a trans-newtonian ship into space.  This ship sent back reports about Mars.  Not only are there reports of important mineral deposits, but also reports of alien ruins. "

He makes a short pause, then continues once the words have set in.

"Our glorious Northern Kingdom already sought debate in the matter of ownership of solar bodies in our solar system.  Now that we have this information about Mars, this issue is more important than ever.  Especially since the Communidad Mediterraneo has remained mostly silent so far, we seek a response from their Ambassador Akram Qasem on this matter.

With Mars most likely playing an important role in the coming years, there cannot be, I must emphasise this, there cannot be a single nation claiming Mars.  If Mars is truly this important and especially with the alien ruins located there, it is a place of international importance and Mars has to be shared among all nations of Earth.

In the name of Her Imperial and Royal Majesty Louise the First, by the Grace of God, Queen of the Northern Kingdom, Defender of the Faith, I demand immediate response from all nations of Earth in this matter.

All hail the Northern Kingdom!"

With these words the Ambassador retreats into the Embassy.
Minecraft Creations

Offline shadenight123

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 08:17:27 AM »
somewhere deep in the vesuvio
"WE DIDN'T GET THERE FIRST!?"
"no sir..."
"MAKE THOSE DAMN SCIENTIST MOVE IT! NOW!"
"yes sir!"
"FAST!"
"yes sir!"

*neo italy keeps silent even after the message from the countries...if somebody asks why, the answer given is bluntly because the Original has gone back to neo-italy to address the slow progress problem, by himself...he will most likely be occupied re-engineering the bio-clone code, so he won't give an immediate answer*
*the neo-italy troops however remain stationed at the crater like always*
they need NOT TO CARE!

Offline Elouda

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 09:04:03 AM »
Akram Qasem, Admbassador of the Mediterranean Community, addresses his fellow representatives.

"As you are by now no doubt aware, our survey vessel Esperanza has transmitted their incredible findings on Mars back up to us. What they have discovered is of unparallelled scientific value to humanity, and because of this, I wish to reassure you that the Mediterranean Community remains dedicated to humanity first and foremost, and as such has no intention of even trying to declare sole rights to such a find. It our policy that the solar system and its resources are for the advancement of humanity as a whole, and that we cannot afford to, in light of both the Invasion and now this discovery, to allow ourselves to be fractured over petty disputes. Thank you."

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 10:05:16 AM »
After the report from the Esperanza almost a week passes before the Japanese Alliance officialy reacts and ambassador Masakiyo announces the newest statement:

"The Mars Discovery by the Mediterranean Esperanza is a decisive event in humankinds history. After we saw our first contact with extraterrestial life in 2017 we now see the second such contact, albeit in a different way. We gladly take note of the initiative of the ship's captain as much as the positive attitude the Mediterranean Community shows towards the entire affair.

Without doubt, all nations capable of it will reach out for the stars, and those who aren't will follow soon. As much destruction as the Invaders have brought humanity, as many new chances they brought with their proof of trans-newtonian minerals and technology. Mars, a thankfully less life-threatening discovery so far, could cause another grand discovery or leap in scientific pursuits - but also shed light into who or what might have created the Invaders and whether they're still out there. But as we have experienced with the Invaders extreme caution has to be executed by anyone coming in touch with the ruins on Mars' surface.

Both ambassador Akram Qasem and ambassador Lord Thomas of Ashford gave word to what we, too, believe is the right stance all nations of Earth must have towards our solar system - We see no other way than to declare Sol as international space, preferably regulated under an international convention signed by all major nations1 that regulates the upcoming exploration, exploitaiton and travel within humanity's crib."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:04:10 AM by Vynadan »