Author Topic: Any way to fix this game slowdown?  (Read 1382 times)

Offline drayath (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
Any way to fix this game slowdown?
« on: April 03, 2016, 10:55:25 AM »
I have a game where i can't time progress is 1-8 hours max. Looking at the logs it all happens in the Koldewey which i have not discovered which seems to have precursor ships and 50 or so NPR ships. This have been going on for nearly 2 years in game without resolution.

Is there anyway i can fix this, as its basic preventing any progress (I.e. deleteing the precursor ships in the Koldewey system)

29th July 2045 15:25:31,Precursors,Koldewey,New Transponder Contact!  Contact ID: Headraper 001, Class ID: Headraper, Race ID: Koldewey Aliens #133  Thermal: 600 (New)
29th July 2045 15:25:31,Precursors,Koldewey,Hostile transit detected!
29th July 2045 15:25:31,Precursors,Koldewey,New Transponder Contact!  Contact ID: Headraper 013, Class ID: Headraper, Race ID: Koldewey Aliens #133  Thermal: 600 (New)
-- etc -- with upto 50 ships being detected/not detected but no weapon fire.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
Re: Any way to fix this game slowdown?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 01:38:43 PM »
You could try to change the detection setup in the main game screen where you select a campaign, try putting it to auto. But otherwise it is simply the nature of the game, I can only guess they haven't got quite enough firepower to take out the robots and yet still keep picking them up on sensors. The only other option you have if you have discovered the system where this is happening is to turn off sensors in the system map. Leave them off for a few years and it will let the NPR build up enough forces so that when sensors are switched back on they can wipe out all the robot forces.

Offline drayath (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
Re: Any way to fix this game slowdown?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 02:31:26 PM »
Changing the Detection settings does not seem to have any effect.

Unfortunately tis the other way round; The Robots are detecting the NPR which seems to have nearly 100 ships, often with 20+ ships in sensor range of the robots. I know the robots have some 12kms speed ~200mkm sensor ships with high level ECM, my guess is that there are a couple of them in the system and the NPR have neither the speed of missile range to take them out even with over 20 years passed since game start.

Unfortunately it has taken me over 8 hours for that last 2 in game years, so any in game way for finding and dealing with the issue won't work.

Edit: DB Hack to the rescue, was a couple of Robot (passive) ground sensors bases in the system that the NPR was just ignoring.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 03:23:52 PM by drayath »