Author Topic: Change Log for v5.40 Discussion  (Read 7305 times)

Offline Adamfostas (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • A
Change Log for v5.40 Discussion
« on: February 07, 2011, 03:08:30 PM »
Interrupt Override
I can't wait for this.  It's going to make the game so much more enjoyable - no more waiting forever while a Precursor PDC fires a million Size 1 missiles at you. . .
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:38:25 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Change Log for v5.40 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 03:38:13 PM »
I split this off of the other thread and locked it. Steve, you should still be able to post in it, let me know if you can't.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 05:20:47 PM »
I can't wait for this.  It's going to make the game so much more enjoyable - no more waiting forever while a Precursor PDC fires a million Size 1 missiles at you. . .

You will still get shortened increments because they will be necessary to ensure missile launches happen at the correct interval. However, you wouldn't need to keep pressing the increment buttons after each launch

Steve

Offline Icebird

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 10:36:57 AM »
Ohhhh yessss!!!
I will use this new functionality gladly!
I'm finishing a 6 hours long fight and cleaning of a group of 295 Star Swarm fighters.
Ridiculously long and annoying!

If you could also tweak the auto-fire so it works correctly for all fire controls, it would be perfect!

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 08:57:37 AM »
Steve,
As a major fighter user, I'd like to give a hearty thanks for the inclusion of the multiple targeting option in 5.40
Welchbloke

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 09:02:15 AM »
Steve,
As a major fighter user, I'd like to give a hearty thanks for the inclusion of the multiple targeting option in 5.40
I second that, this should make a big difference in fighting the swarms of fac/fighters we sometimes run into.

Brian

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 06:23:48 PM »
Third.
This is awesome.

Offline backstab

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 01:18:07 AM »
Steve,

How long before 5.40 ?????
Move foward and draw fire

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 11:48:40 AM »
And the masses rejoiced with the reduced height windows ;)

Offline Xeno The Morph

• Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 01:41:47 PM »
Indeed we do!  ;D

Thank you Steve, now will never have to fiddle around with hacking them with resize enable (and the sometimes annoying issues that brings!)

Offline Zeromod

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Z
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 10:34:37 PM »
And Steve the Godhead did listen to the cries of the masses!

"We must have smaller windows" They cried out for the xenos hordes were howling at the gates for their blood and the masses did cry out and know fear.  But Steve the Godhead hardened his heart to their pleas.

"No! The faithful will find a way" he said.

And thus the Xenos Hordes did tear down the gates of the world and swarm through.  The masses cried out in despair as the xenos hordes cut them down as the wheat in the fields.  Once again they turned and did cry out to Steve the Godhead.

"Let us have smaller windows! We must fight back the hordes from our homes and from the fields!" they implored their Lord and Master.

But Steve the Godhead once again hardened his heart to the cries of the masses.

"No! The Faithful will find a way" he once again said.

One by one the cities of the Faithful did fall to the foreign Xenos hordes who knew not the concepts of mercy and justice.  They cut down the Faithful who did not flee to a man, and besieged the few remaining cities of the Faithful.

"Let us have smaller windows so we might drive the Xenos Hordes from the country side!" cried the masses.

But once again, Steve the Godhead did harden his heart to the cries.

"No! The Faithful will find away" he once more said.

The guards at the gates of the final cities could not hold back the ravenous hordes of the Xenos.  One by one the final free cities of Man fell to the Alien.  In the eleventh hour, the Final City stood.  It took the hammering of the Xenos Hordes war machines, and the beating of their drums.  Behind the walls the masses did cower and shake and know fear for they knew that if their Lord and Master, Steve the Godhead did not answer their pleas they would be devoured by the Hordes.  Still, they kept the faith and waited knowing that the Godhead would not abandon them in the night.  They sent one final desperate plea.

"We must have smaller windows" they cried out.  The Guards and the King in his palace and all the city folk and the country folk and the mountain folk did all cry out as one.  The men from the coast, and the swamps.  The Farmers and Pesants and Moneylenders, the guards and builders and laborers.

Finally, at long last in the eleventh hour of the faithful.  When the Xenos Hordes were mere moments from tearing down the gates of the last city of the Faithful.  When the victory of the Alien was at hand Steve the Godhead heard their pleas for salvation.

At first his heart was once again hardened, but he looked upon the Faithful.  They who had kept and believed in him even as they were mere moments from being cut down as the wheat in the fields and his heart was softened.

"Behold ye Faithful" spoke Steve the Godhead, whose voice was as thunder and his words as lightning.  "I grant ye thine request, take these smaller windows and rejoice! I have labored many hours over their construction, and are fine smaller windows.  With them go forth and smite the Xenos Hordes.  Drive them from the cities and the mountains and the forests.  The Fields and the countryside.  Do so in mine name and know peace".

The Faithful did cry out and rejoice for Steve the Godhead, their lord and master had at long last heard their prayers.  They did take the holy smaller windows and did drive back the Xenos Hordes in His name.  Thus it was written, thus it is so.  It was on that day that the mighty Xenos Hordes were made as humble men, and driven from the lands of the Faithful in the name of Steve the Godhead our Lord and Master and father of us all.

Amen.

Offline Tarran

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 12:37:15 AM »
 :P

Heh heh, awesome first post.

Offline Zeromod

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Z
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 11:14:40 PM »
Well. . .

I have always been told you only get one chance to make a first impression.

Also I have been waiting for the smaller windows, I am happy that he finally agreed to do this immense favor for us.

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 01:03:00 AM »
And Steve the Godhead did listen to the cries of the masses!

Amen.

Amen!  ;D and very entertaining!

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 09:12:24 AM »
Steve ,

Have you a timescale yet for uploading v5. 4 as I can't wait to find out if Aurora will run on my Win 7 laptop with the changeable resolution.  At present I am  restricted to playing on my XP desktop.

DavidR