Author Topic: Deleted TGs  (Read 1378 times)

Offline chrislocke2000 (OP)

• Captain
  • c
Deleted TGs
« on: February 06, 2011, 08:25:57 AM »
Hi

I was having a clear our of old TGs and managed to delete one that still had a ship in it.  Now I can't find that ship anywhere and its not listed on my fuel status list either, have I managed to kill that ship off or is there some way of recovering it short of just going into SM mode and creating a new one?

Also I have some up some exploration TGs made up of one jump capable grav survey ship and a couple of non jump capable geo survey ships.  When they jump into a new system is there an easy way to get them to split up and start surveying the system without having to break them into three seperate TGs? Its what got me into the trouble above in the firstplace?

Cheers

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: Deleted TGs
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 09:39:14 AM »
Depending on how you organize your TF there is a way to do it.  when you click on a jump point there is a command to detach non survey ships.  If the jump ship is not a survey ship then do that, have the next order be to transit the jump point and divide the fleet.  If your default orders are set to survey the system (keep grav and geo surveyors seperate) then the sub fleets will automatically start to survey the system.  It is usually best to use the survey multiple points command as this will let you jump through time faster, and have your fleet more efficiently survey the whole system.  Each ship knows what is already marked to be surveyed by the other ships in system.

Brian

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 09:51:14 AM »
I was having a clear our of old TGs and managed to delete one that still had a ship in it.  Now I can't find that ship anywhere and its not listed on my fuel status list either, have I managed to kill that ship off or is there some way of recovering it short of just going into SM mode and creating a new one?

"Overdue, presumed lost."

IIRC, the ship is gone - deleting a TG deletes the ships in it.

John

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 10:21:45 AM »
Depending on how you organize your TF there is a way to do it.  when you click on a jump point there is a command to detach non survey ships.  If the jump ship is not a survey ship then do that, have the next order be to transit the jump point and divide the fleet.  If your default orders are set to survey the system (keep grav and geo surveyors separate) then the sub fleets will automatically start to survey the system.  It is usually best to use the survey multiple points command as this will let you jump through time faster, and have your fleet more efficiently survey the whole system.  Each ship knows what is already marked to be surveyed by the other ships in system.

Brian
To follow on from Brain's excellent advice.  Once you have completed the survey, send all of the TGs to a handy rendezvous and on the TG window in the bottom right hand corner is the assemble button.  Hit that and all daughter fleets in the same location will be absorbed back into the parent fleet.
Welchbloke

Offline chrislocke2000 (OP)

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 10:25:40 AM »
Great, thanks for all the help and the quick responses, makes getting into what looks like a fantastic game a lot easier although I suspect my Wife will be a lot less happy about the undoubted late nights that are sure be coming up!

Now all I got to do is work out how to stimulate my economy for a bit more income.  Outside of researching better GDP per person and getting some more colonies going to stimulate some trade how else to you help getting the dollars rolling in to pay for all those shiny ships and research?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:18:30 PM »
One way to get more money is to build financial centers.  They use population like a factory but count for a lot more for purposes of making money.  I think it is something like 10x as much population as is being employed by the finance center.  This only works if you have excess population on a planet.  If you find a nice habitable planet that does not have a lot of minerals then this is a great way to get a lot of mileage from them.

Brian

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 06:38:13 PM »
I remember back when I somehow made a taskgroup it's own subordinate and then incorporated all subordinates :D

Financial Centers, as far as I know, count as one million working pop, and use 50k pop.