Author Topic: Dead End Map  (Read 1197 times)

Offline cah7777 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • c
Dead End Map
« on: April 22, 2020, 02:18:33 PM »
I've had two games in a row now end up with 3 systems that seem to be unconnected to any other systems.   I have completed the grav survey in each system, and in each game there is a single system that has a jump point to two other systems, and those two systems each have a single jump point back to the central system.   Anyone else run across this?  If so, is there a fix?

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
Re: Dead End Map
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 02:22:35 PM »
I don't think there is a cause aside from bad luck. You should be able to use SM mode to add new unexplored jump points to the systems from the system view window.

The following users thanked this post: cah7777

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 02:41:26 PM »
I've had two games in a row now end up with 3 systems that seem to be unconnected to any other systems.   I have completed the grav survey in each system, and in each game there is a single system that has a jump point to two other systems, and those two systems each have a single jump point back to the central system.   Anyone else run across this?  If so, is there a fix?

Space Master, System view, add jump point (or edit jump point) and you should be good.

If you changed the 'Local system generation chance' (normally 50 (percent)) or the 'Local system generation spread' (normally 15 (plus or minus from current system number) that may be the cause.

Or if you changed the universe size (normally 1000 (systems)) to, say, three, then that's definitely the cause.

The following users thanked this post: cah7777

Offline cah7777 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 03:27:23 PM »
Quote from: JacenHan link=topic=11014. msg127028#msg127028 date=1587583355
I don't think there is a cause aside from bad luck.  You should be able to use SM mode to add new unexplored jump points to the systems from the system view window.

Must have been pretty bad luck.   Thanks for the help - seems to have worked.