C# Fiction > Gyrfalcon's Fiction

Terra Invictus - Comments Thread

(1/9) > >>

Gyrfalcon:
Please post comments here instead of in the main thread.

Some basic information:

Aurora Version - 1.13
Mods used - None

Extra resources used - Shadow's Images, froggiest's Ribbon Set, froggiest's Aurora Government Simulator (partially)

Starting Conditions:

Conventional Start
150% resources on Earth
100% research speed

12 Research Facilities
1 GFCC
1200 Conventional Industry
1 Deep Space Tracking Station
1 Military Academy
1 Naval Headquarters
1 Spaceport
0 military/civilian shipyards

Precursors: ON
Invaders: OFF
Star Swarm: ON
Rakhas: ON

House Rules:
Box Launchers - 1 MSP per 25t of ship. Example: a 500t bomber can carry 16 MSP of box launchers. A 10,000t light cruiser can carry 400 MSP of box launchers.

Jump point technology can only be researched after archeology efforts have begun on Arachne. (Moon #10 - Planet X)

nuclearslurpee:
Always a pleasure to see a new work on this board!  ;D

If you're going to use a split AAR/comment thread I would recommend having your own named fiction subforum instead of using the main one, otherwise it is likely that your comment thread will get lost in the shuffle especially if you go some time between updates. This way you can also lock the main AAR thread to prevent idiots like me people from accidentally posting in it.

The premise is certainly interesting, the dynamic between the Children and the Republic has a lot of potential to complicate matters particularly as the Children become increasingly aware of the scale of Republican space activity and perhaps grow jealous that the time and resources are not going towards their own life improvement. Balancing internal division against external threat will be a challenge for the Republic.

Black:
Will definitely read, premise is interesting.

Warer:
The premise is amazing, i love it and eagerly await to see where you'll go with it. And is the Jump tech rule inspired by Distant Worlds?

nuclearslurpee:
Off to a promising start, particularly with the traditional style of date-event reporting that used to be popular back in the day...many classic AARs started off with this format.

I particularly like the use of a design that (likely) isn't going to be built such as the Tribal class...it's probably good that you're not building it in terms of practical use, but seeing the projects and concepts that were drawn up but ultimately not accepted for service is a great way to add detail to a world. There's a whole new world of TN military concepts out there and surely some of them are absurd, impractical, and would never see the field but should be proposed by the military all the same for, uhh, realism. And the amusement of the readers of course.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version