Author Topic: Alternate history forums  (Read 3441 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Alternate history forums
« on: November 06, 2019, 06:39:50 AM »
I've just signed up on the Alternate History forums (www.alternatehistory.com) but I have 'insufficient privileges' to either start a thread or reply to an existing one.

Anyone else on here who uses that forum who could advise me how to gain 'sufficient privileges' :)

Offline Tuna-Fish

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
Re: Alternate history forums
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 08:31:34 AM »
Sadly the subject attracts certain kinds of crappy people, and the mods have had to take increasing measures to keep banned people out. I think the requirement is a working email address and waiting for a cooldown of some length to prevent banned people from just instantly making new accounts. If you can't post for a very long time, try contacting the mods? There should be a "contact us" link at the bottom right of most pages, that should go to the mods and be available?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 08:42:39 AM »
Thanks - I've sent a message to the mods.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 01:13:21 PM »
That must be a new thing, back when I registered - years ago - there was no such period. It's great fun to read stuff there, until you encounter something that you're personally knowledgeable about while the author isn't, and then it's just annoying  :P

But I agree with Tuna-Fish, that sort of thing does draw in a specific group of terrible posters for obvious reasons.