Author Topic: Game Details Window Vs. Create New Game Window  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Havan_IronOak (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Game Details Window Vs. Create New Game Window
« on: February 02, 2016, 03:28:40 PM »
I'm a bit of a newbie and I'm not sure I understand how these two windows work in conjunction with each other. Can someone point me to a good explanation?

Some of what confuses me.
The first window one sees is the Game Details window. There's a field there for "Starting Year" Typing a 1 in there and then hitting the NEW GAME button seems to ignore the 1 entered in starting year. Changing Starting year in the Create New Game Window works as one would expect (Unless you try to start a new epoch at zero). Once a game is created changing the starting year before hitting select seems to be ignored as well.  Is the Starting Year field on the Game Detail Screen something like one's appendix (a remnant from the development process - one should ignore it unless it causes you trouble)

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
Re: Game Details Window Vs. Create New Game Window
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 03:30:24 PM »
You have to hit the "Save" button before hitting "Select", or the changes won't work.

The following users thanked this post: Havan_IronOak

Offline Havan_IronOak (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 03:46:01 PM »
Good point. It's often tough to know when that's required.

What about these options when one uses the "SELECT" button. Do any options you change on the Game Details screen take?
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 09:25:10 PM »
One is the game creation window, where you can generate new games(galaxy). The other is the game setup windows (akin to the usual new load\save\quit), where you can select to play an existing game and tweak some of its features.