Author Topic: RC-NAU Claim talk  (Read 4463 times)

Offline TheDOC (OP)

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
RC-NAU Claim talk
« on: September 04, 2016, 08:12:50 PM »
GDR note: this is supposed to be a private meeting between our leaderships, i.e. need to know only in a safe room.

The Russian Confederation would like to make a proposal to the NAU regarding the status of the claims.

Recently the discussion had been paralyzed by the unwillingness of our nation to accept a claim on a major planet and the subsequent refusal by the NAU to accept our claim on Vesta.
This is going to change.

We are willing to compromise a deal recognizing your claim on Mercury if you are willing to do so regarding the claim on Venus we will declare in the next days.
However, we also want to be provided with a full geosurvey report of the planet Mercury (including extra findings, "strange" features and anything not normally expected) or at least with the access for one of our ships to survey the planet.

We are also willing to set up discussions regarding claim situations about asteroids, but we will wait for the result of this proposal.

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
Re: RC-NAU Claim talk
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 02:46:47 AM »
I will transmit your proposal to Congress, but I think we can agree to those terms.

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 04:46:44 AM »
You are asking for claim recognition as well as survey information and you are offering us what exactly?

The NAU has always stood by the right of powers to claim system bodies, that right does not include access to information, if you need survey information we are happy to rent a vessel or sell you some Hathor drones, or even sell the survey information directly if you wish, but we will not be put in a position where we must reveal body information as a prerequisite to making a claim.

The proposal we will make, here and in public, is to recognize claims on system bodies that the RC makes as long as our claims are recognized in return and all parties are able to enforce those claims with installations or ground forces, with the exception of Mars as that already holds significant populations of multiple powers.

Our position on survey operations is as long as they are unarmed, operate without active sensors, and clear their plans with the Admiralty first, they may survey our claimed bodies so long as our right to do so in return remains unchallenged. Once again, we will not consent to sharing of survey information as a prerequisite to a body claim.

The combative tone is for RP purposes and should not be taken as my actual feelings

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 06:06:06 AM »
While my colleage is a bit... combative, his position do represent the consensus of Congress. We are willing to recognize a Russian claim on Venus, but your other conditions would create the dangerous precedent that our right to claim bodies is somehow less than that of the RC, that it need to be bought by the transfer of informations.

If Russia drops any demand, we are willing to agree to a mutual recognition of claim and an understanding that each nation's science vessels will have the right to study each other's bodies, provided proper warning procedure is followed (we wouldn't want an Hathor launch to start a war).

Offline TheDOC (OP)

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 09:50:19 AM »
Typical americans...rushing in guns blazing when you actually agree with our proposal. I see one of you is less prone to this. Are you Canadian?

So, i do get by panopticon that if one of our survey ships clears a plan with the naval NAU HQ, then it can survey Mercury, right? All provided that our ship will keep sensors down, of course. Then, explain me what is the difference with my last statement of the proposal regarding access for one of our survey ships to the planet. Isn't it what you just proposed?

The presidium would be happy to concede rights of survey to any body claimed as of now or in the future to the Union, provided this same right is granted to russian ships on NAU claims.

We drop our demand of the geosurvey report given the willingness of the NAU to agree on a mutual treaty regarding survey. We will also transfer installations on Venus as soon as the presidium approves the plan. We will wait the public recognition of each other's claims and the announcement of the survey treaty to officially forward your admiralty a request of access to Mercury for one of our survey vessels.

Same as panopticon.

Offline Drgong

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 01:05:09 PM »
Admin question.

Did the NAU and RUS agree to each other Claims or not?
Check out or Join my Community Game
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=235.0
Also check out my stories, including Interactive tales.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=239.0

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 02:54:40 PM »
We did

Offline TheDOC (OP)

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 08:46:08 AM »
Sorry, i was away in Venice.

We did too.

Offline Drgong

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 09:17:17 AM »
Thanks!

I will update that everyone claim is now recognized. 
Check out or Join my Community Game
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=235.0
Also check out my stories, including Interactive tales.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=239.0