Author Topic: Getting past ECM  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Zeebie (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
Getting past ECM
« on: November 28, 2012, 04:27:57 PM »
I'm fighting with some Spoilers, whose ECM is reducing the range of my missile fire control from 75m to 33m.  This means they can fire from outside my range with impunity.  So, what's the best strategy for getting around this?  I don't have any ECCM researched, what level will I have to get that to in order to make a big difference?  If I build longer range fire controls, will that help the situation?  Or can I build an AWACs type ship with a gigantic active sensor (I'm unclear on whether ECM attacks the sensor of the fire control proper)? Or would I be better off building my own ECM to force them to get closer?  Thanks!

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Getting past ECM
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 04:44:04 PM »
You have three options here: Research about 3-4 levels of ECCM to get your range back, research a couple or more levels of ECM to shorten their range, finally, you could design a new much longer ranged fire control to offset the range reduction since ECM reduces range by percentages.

The last is probably easiest from a research point perspective, but it might be a bit mass intensive.