Author Topic: Sharing technology with allied races  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Andrew (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Sharing technology with allied races
« on: April 17, 2010, 05:58:48 PM »
If there is not share research treaty with an allied race on the same planet is there still an exchange of technology? It look like there is to me , I boosted one race to a ground combat strength of 16 , then boosted their ally to a ground combat strength of 36  . When I looked back at the first race they have a ground combat strength of 30

Offline schroeam

• Lt. Commander
  • s
  • "Let's try a new strategy, let the Wookiee win"
Re: Sharing technology with allied races
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 10:04:28 PM »
I don't quite remember where Steve talked about it, but if you have at least a trade treaty with another race they will automatically get lower level technology when you complete research into a higher level of that research.  So, you don't necessarily need to have a research treaty but they will still benefit from your friendly relationship while you are able to maintain a technological edge.

Adam.

Offline Xaoc

• Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 10:26:43 AM »
Quote from: "adradjool"
I don't quite remember where Steve talked about it, but if you have at least a trade treaty with another race they will automatically get lower level technology when you complete research into a higher level of that research.  So, you don't necessarily need to have a research treaty but they will still benefit from your friendly relationship while you are able to maintain a technological edge.

Seems like a major reason to be xenophobic and hostile towards aliens. Or at least isolationistic. Who would want to give away valuable tech to potential enemies for a trade agreement, right? Do they still get tech if the trade treaty is one-sided?

Offline schroeam

• Lt. Commander
  • s
  • "Let's try a new strategy, let the Wookiee win"
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »
It's basically a trickle down of tech as it becomes obsolete and released for use by civilian interests.  Once it's in the civilian sector for commercial use it's fair game for other races to pick up as well.  I think you have to at least be neutral, and maybe have trade status.

Adam.