Author Topic: Maintenance facilities  (Read 1238 times)

Offline cakeonslaught (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • c
Maintenance facilities
« on: December 24, 2010, 02:34:22 AM »
I'm confused about how maintenance facilities operate; do they consume minerals while your ships are not in need of maintenance? I noticed that there was alot of projected usage in my minerals tab which was exceeding the requirements of the space-station i was building(the only task being done other than research).  I have only 400 fighters in orbit, and the ship failures are turned off, so why is it stealing minerals? Does it consume minerals based on the cost of my ships near that planet? I noticed that this is remedied by removing all the maintenance facilities from the colony, does this mean i wont be able to repair my projected 2,000,000 ton titan? (my space station can only maintain ships up to 500,000 ton dreadnought class. )

Thanks for any help.  (also im having a problem with a planet that has an orbit of 0 somewhere, i have no idea what system its in and theres no option in SM mode to delete planets.  ???)

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Maintenance facilities
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 09:27:59 AM »
First, welcome to Aurora!!  It's going to drive you more than a little crazy learning the in's and out's.

Second,  this post really belongs up in the Academy as a newbie question.

Maintenance facilities use minerals to maintain military ships (excluding fighters) that are in orbit.  Fighters are maintained in hangers.

Ship repairs are accomplished in shipyards.

2 million tons?  Lets just say that a detailed search of the forum will be enlightening concerning such juggernauts.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline cakeonslaught (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • c
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 03:02:24 AM »
hahaha, im afraid i cant think of enough components to put on a ship that large.  It was easy coming up with a 16 million ton space-station, but that was because of all the hangar space and maintenance units.  Thanks for the reply; sorry for posting in the wrong section. . .

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 10:36:37 AM »
Moved to The Academy per (inferred) request.

John