Author Topic: Transporting Minerals  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Transporting Minerals
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 01:02:54 AM »
Be careful with the cycle order.
There are issues with it on very short runs, like when the order-set is finished inside a single production cycle. Personally I don´t use it, because of the danger of setting up a run and then forgetting it, even long after that run is useful. Therefore I use the repeat X order with 10 or 20 repeats.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Zed 6

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 06:12:24 AM »
I find using cycle orders to be ok with short runs, but I generally slow the ship down to allow for building up minerals at the source and the ship becomes a 50 yr old tramp freighter slowly plying its route. It doesn't have the best or fastest equipment, but gets the job done.

As far as Luna to Earth. If the moon has minerals, plop a mass driver or 2 on it.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 06:23:50 AM »
but I generally slow the ship down to allow for building up minerals at the source and the ship becomes a 50 yr old tramp freighter slowly plying its route.
If a planet mines duranium and a number of other minerals you can for example give it a Load Duranium when (x) order, and it will wait until duranium reaches that level then execute, then have a Load All Minerals order after it.  Conserves a lot of fuel that way!

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 12:35:19 PM »
You can put multiple mass drivers on the same planet to send more minerals. I have 60 mass drivers sending 300,000 tons of minerals a year on one of mine. Add up all the minerals your colony is producing per year, then send enough mass drivers to chuck them all back (each mass driver contributes 5,000 mineral-flinging capacity). Don't forget to leave at least one on earth though.

Offline Zerkuron

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Z
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 07:29:37 PM »
Problem loading Mineral could be caused by too short routes.  Mineral extraction has an increment time of 5 Days.  If the freighter ends the Tour within this five days it will show up this error message if cycled.