Author Topic: Whats up with this missile?  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Zerkuron (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Z
Whats up with this missile?
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:42:02 PM »
Hey guys,

I encountered something hostile while my surveyships where exploring. And something strange happens.

I as at a planet suitable for humans (col cost at 1.9) and surveyed this body. Then I got the message:" new Hostile contact / New Thermal contact! Strength 7 Active Sensor S0.9/R112(New)" with a speed of 61,000Km/s WTF???
I jumped with my monitor to the event location and saw my sruvey vessel (with thermal and em sensor) and the contact. 15 sec Later my Ship was destroyed.

After that I send my battlegroup to take revenge and here begins the arkward part.

At the position of the survey wreck there was no ship but a missile salvo contact: (Hostile Missile contact (x4) TCS 24)

immediately i synchro fired my AMM`s 30 Missiles in 6 independent salvos (yes I was really scared because of the previous 61,000 KM/s)

Then I got the messages:

Chance To Hit
Salvo of 5x Size 1 Anti-missile Missile has intercepted its target. Chance to Hit 100% (Target Speed Zero)

Missile Intercepted
(x4) Size 1 Anti-missile Missile hit the target and destroyed enemy missile.

and so on ...

What the Hell was this??? a Missile with zero speed and no enemy ship that launched this thing? My active sensor was activated and designed for range of 180M Km.

Also from detecting to destroying 4 hours passed. I was shooting missiles while i was out of range. because my fire control opened fire on that size 24 missile to early.

Is it a bug or did i got something wrong???

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Whats up with this missile?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 11:15:38 PM »
Possibly a minefield.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 11:27:53 PM »
To expand on Erik's response, the original contact was probably the mine field activating. The 4 remaining contacts are the original mines/buoys that are left after they release their submunitions.

Offline Zerkuron (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Z
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 01:34:43 AM »
ok ... is it possible that this Minefield were generated at system generation? because I did not see any hostile movements within 3 Jumps.

edit: I makes me also nervous that there is an enemy out there advanced enough to get any kind of missile this fast and i can`t detect him.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:43:35 AM by Zerkuron »

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 02:30:31 AM »
It is a Precursor Minefield, once it fires its submunitions it is harmless and you are unlikely to see new construction
It is unlikely to be a normal NPR, though I guess not impossible, but they tend to only put naval units in systems they have colonized and I haven't seen them use mines.