Author Topic: Changing task forces  (Read 1822 times)

Offline scoopdjm (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
Changing task forces
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »
Hello fellahs, so I've replaced the starting task forces with 2 (renaming one) new ones, how do I transfer TGs from one to the other? (the TG i want to move is already in the other other TF according to the Naval organization, yet it is not)

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Changing task forces
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 10:18:50 PM »
There are a couple of ways, first note that the f12 task groups screen does not refresh itself in certain circumstances, so close it and come back to it to see if the change you attempted worked. ok that said:

1)On the special orders tab you can "Move ships between taskgroups" if they are in the same location. No refresh needed.
2)On that very same tab you can "Combine with other taskforce" again at the same location. No refresh needed.
3)On the task group orders tab, click the task force button, click on the desired taskforce, issue a "join" order to join that taskforce.   
4)On the same tab, with the same button pressed, absorb will likely(I have yet to do this one) absorb said taskforce into the current one.
5)If you've issued a transit and divide order, and all subfleets are in the same location, click that location and issue an incorporate subfleets order.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 02:55:34 AM »
I belive, all you descriped applies to Task GROUPS, not Task FORCES.

To assign ships to TASK FORCES, you have to open the 4th tab "Naval Organization"

Easiest way I found is to select the Task Group you want to hand over to another Task Force, Select the Task Force in the large window on the lower left and hit "Add TG" (second button, second row center-right).
To make the TG realy belong to the TF, now hit either "Branch only" (second button, third row) or "Branch + Sub" (3rd button, 3rd row)

Note: You can create sub-TFs here too. Just select the TF and hit "Add". This will create a sub-group within the selected TF.

Your Battle Fleet Task Force might look something like this

Homefleet
  -1st Battlefleet
    -1st Battle Squadron
    -1st Cruiser Squadron
    -2nd Cruiser Squadron
    -1st Destroyer Flotilla
  -2nd Battlefleet

...and so on

While this might seem to be unnecessary micromanagement, it lets you split off one of those squadrons quite easily later on. Say, I want to dispatch the 2nd Cruiser Squadron. All I have to do is select it and hit "Branch only". Aurora creates a TG with all the ships of the 2nd Cruiser Squadron that will be named 2nd Cruiser Squadron
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline scoopdjm (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 07:22:19 AM »
Thanks, I DID organize it in the naval organization window but I forgot to use the branch settings.