Author Topic: Out of Fuel Shortens Intervals  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Tigerhunter (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • T
Out of Fuel Shortens Intervals
« on: April 23, 2014, 06:28:28 PM »
So I've had a few occasions now where a ship hasn't had quite enough fuel to get back to Earth.   I know that the idea is to either have a tanker refuel them or tow them back with a tractor beam.  .  .   but the ship being out of fuel cuts off the interval at 900 seconds and interrupts auto-turns, so I couldn't do either of those things even if I had tankers or tugs.   I've solved the problem by SM refueling, but how am I supposed to rescue a ship without cheating?

Edit: As long as I'm here - is there a way to change whether or not an event interrupts auto-turns?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:30:45 PM by Tigerhunter »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Out of Fuel Shortens Intervals
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:47:34 PM »
So I've had a few occasions now where a ship hasn't had quite enough fuel to get back to Earth.   I know that the idea is to either have a tanker refuel them or tow them back with a tractor beam.  .  .   but the ship being out of fuel cuts off the interval at 900 seconds and interrupts auto-turns, so I couldn't do either of those things even if I had tankers or tugs.   I've solved the problem by SM refueling, but how am I supposed to rescue a ship without cheating?

Edit: As long as I'm here - is there a way to change whether or not an event interrupts auto-turns?

The ship should only cause an out of fuel interrupt if it still has orders.

Offline Tigerhunter (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 07:58:01 PM »
Ah, makes sense.  Thanks.

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 08:02:35 PM »
What Steve said. However, the out-of-fuel messages will continue to be generated which disrupt auto-turns, so when this happens to me I usually manual click through 1 or 5 day increments until the tankers arrive.

Sadly, you cannot stop events from disrupting auto-turns. The closest work around is to set the min-incriment counter under the auto-turn check box to some number greater than zero, forcing the game to run at least that many increments regardless of message events. However, this risks running through an event you would have preferred stopping for and also has a minor bug where any task force completing orders spams dozens of identical notices in the event log (I don't know if this was fixed in 6.4).