Author Topic: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)  (Read 44831 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2021, 03:06:28 PM »
V165: If you set research facilities off in the civilian tab the game still asks you if your want to continue time progression because there are free research facilities.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2021, 01:21:35 PM »
V166: A civilian ship on refit done with refitting is set to overhaul?!? Any idea how that could have come about? DB attached - though I don't have a DB before that happened.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T38uRG6iwWrGgB98wdfSFMlGnIjt6Mfz/view?usp=sharing

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2021, 12:15:35 PM »
When removing a plotted move from a task force the time and distance calculation is not updated.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2021, 02:17:07 PM »
In "Individual Unit Details" under the Maintenance Tab is an infobox with "Range". That number is way larger than the design of the ship class when the ship has military engines.

The "Subsidise" button under "Shipping lines" seems to do nothing.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 05:40:28 PM by TMaekler »

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2021, 05:56:17 AM »
V165: If you set research facilities off in the civilian tab the game still asks you if your want to continue time progression because there are free research facilities.

Fixed in 166

V166: A civilian ship on refit done with refitting is set to overhaul?!? Any idea how that could have come about? DB attached - though I don't have a DB before that happened.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T38uRG6iwWrGgB98wdfSFMlGnIjt6Mfz/view?usp=sharing

Fixed for version 168 (not released yet)

When removing a plotted move from a task force the time and distance calculation is not updated.

Fixed for version 168

In "Individual Unit Details" under the Maintenance Tab is an infobox with "Range". That number is way larger than the design of the ship class when the ship has military engines.

It's way off for commercial too.  If you check VB6 you'll see the number is way off there as well.  At the time I was coding this section, I figured out the formula VB6 was using for this number and copied it, figuring I would someday understand what this number meant.  At this point I'll just assume it's a bug.  My best guess is that it was supposed to show how far the ship can go based on its current fuel level, so I'll change it to that for version 168

The "Subsidise" button under "Shipping lines" seems to do nothing.

It works for me, although I did notice and fix a UI error in the Recent Deliveries panel that may or may not have caused the whole window to stop working (I'm always in debug mode which handles these kinds of errors differently than release does, so I'm not always sure what kind of impact the errors had)

--

I've finished my line-by-line verification of the massive rewrite I've been working on... I'm now going to playtest my campaign a day or so before releasing 168

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2021, 11:05:01 AM »
Nice progress  :D

This one isn't a bug - just something that "bugs" me  ;). The "Officer Update" includes several things - also if an officer retires. I pretty much don't care about any of the updates BUT the one when they "retire". Could you separate that one into a separate category so I could unhide that message and hide the rest?  :)

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2021, 05:57:37 PM »

This one isn't a bug - just something that "bugs" me  ;). The "Officer Update" includes several things - also if an officer retires. I pretty much don't care about any of the updates BUT the one when they "retire". Could you separate that one into a separate category so I could unhide that message and hide the rest?  :)

Thanks!

All retirement falls under Officer Health if I'm not mistaken.  Try filtering out the new event type "Officer Health (Minor)" to help with this problem.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2021, 10:33:25 PM »

Thanks!

All retirement falls under Officer Health if I'm not mistaken.  Try filtering out the new event type "Officer Health (Minor)" to help with this problem.

I think C# just uses one called "retirement" IIRC

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2021, 05:01:14 AM »

Thanks!

Yeah, I already filter out the minor ones. There are still a lot that fall under "Officer Health" which are not interesting to me. So as in C# have the retirement under "Retirement" - I would love to have that  ;)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2021, 07:51:20 AM »
V168: Several name input fields exist, that don't show the already given name. I.e. would be a nice QoL if that name is already there to be edited.

a) General System Info:
- Rename Sys
- Rename Body (also in the "Population and Production" window) "Rename")

b) Population and Production:
- Ground Units: Rename
- GU Training Rename
- Manage Shipyards: Rename SY

Another QoL which is a leftover from VB6. If you want to add a team member to a team you have to do that via the "Commanders" windows - though having a button in the "Population and Production" windows in the Teams&Academy tab would be way easier because there you can see how many members are missing in a team. So instead of having to open a completely different window, could you add a button there "Assign selected commanders to the team"?

« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 08:06:33 AM by TMaekler »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2021, 09:01:47 AM »
In the Galactic Map is a tab "System Info" where you can enter a text. But that text isn't saved when you press the Save button. Next time you click on a system the text is gone.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2021, 04:52:38 AM »
V168: Once an atmosphere has become breathable the game continues to send you that log message every 5-day turn. I thought it might end when the actual terraforming is finished, but it doesn't it keeps continuing. DB attached.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2021, 05:12:31 AM »
V168: Several name input fields exist, that don't show the already given name. I.e. would be a nice QoL if that name is already there to be edited.

a) General System Info:
- Rename Sys
- Rename Body (also in the "Population and Production" window) "Rename")

b) Population and Production:
- Ground Units: Rename
- GU Training Rename
- Manage Shipyards: Rename SY

Added to v169

Another QoL which is a leftover from VB6. If you want to add a team member to a team you have to do that via the "Commanders" windows - though having a button in the "Population and Production" windows in the Teams&Academy tab would be way easier because there you can see how many members are missing in a team. So instead of having to open a completely different window, could you add a button there "Assign selected commanders to the team"?

I've put this at the top of my list of nice-to-haves, will most likely add it in one of the next few versions

In the Galactic Map is a tab "System Info" where you can enter a text. But that text isn't saved when you press the Save button. Next time you click on a system the text is gone.

Fixed for 169

V168: Once an atmosphere has become breathable the game continues to send you that log message every 5-day turn. I thought it might end when the actual terraforming is finished, but it doesn't it keeps continuing. DB attached.

Fixed for 169

I'll be releasing v169 within an hour most likely

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2021, 08:14:07 AM »
Did you change anything with the auto-progress dialogue in V169? I all of a sudden have 5 to 40sec stops in my progress - which I thought should be auto-progressed. I checked the dialogue, and the option to turn that off is off; i.e. the dialog should do its magic.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2021, 04:00:51 PM »
V169: Some messages in the log contain the abbreviation of the ship, others don't (like Overhaul complete), which only displays the ship name. Maybe you can unify this and always show abbreviation + ship name... .