Author Topic: RP thread  (Read 25158 times)

Offline Drgong (OP)

• Vice Admiral
RP thread
« on: April 05, 2016, 06:42:43 PM »
This is for stuff "In character" - Ultimatums, press releases, official statements, and anything else that comes to mind.

UN Secretary General Isabela De Souza called for calm today, with the sudden transmitting of key Trans-Newtonian technology to science institutes in Moscow, Montreal, and Pretoria. Calling for the use of this technology for peaceful means, and not to create new weapons to devastate the world.

- AP Newswire Dec 30, 2099
Check out or Join my Community Game
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=235.0
Also check out my stories, including Interactive tales.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=239.0

Offline Drgong (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Re: RP thread
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 07:32:14 PM »
FARS (Pretoria)

FARS news agency has reported that after the recent National Front electrical victory the Free State Alliance ruling council has been announced.

Adele Van Resburg of Johannesburg will serve as Prime Minister.  The daughter of Free State Alliance founder Emil Van Resburg and a graduate of the prestigious Durban Academy, she won on a campaign to integrate the FSA into a more solid whole, and had support from South Africa, Rhodesia-Zimbabwe, Botswana, Tanzania, Iran, and the African Mandate territories.    The charismatic 21-year old administrator gained inroads in the young demographics of the FSA member states.

"We must strive, in this time of great change, to work towards peaceful co-existence with the empires of Russia and the North American Union, to work with those who tried to starve us out by sanctions and spreading war across the Mandate Territories.   I wish to work with those nations to explore and expand our economies and enrich our common race.   We who lead, our burden is to also make sure that all of humanity is uplifted by the new wonders of science.   We view them as partners, to speak of a new outer space treaty, and to allow all the people of earth to the promised land of prosperity."

Rear Admiral Jolene Hertzog of Windhoek, South West Africa has been confirmed as head of the VSV (Vrystaat Vloot/Free State Navy).   Currently the keepers of the Free State Alliance nuclear weapon assets, in addition, the FSA has completed two large construction platforms to carry out its new goal of both orbital and void forces.

General Gerhard Roos of Durban has been confirmed as head of the VSW (Vrystaat Weermag) the land forces component of the Free State Alliance.

Wimpie "Don't call wimpy" Du Preez has been announced as foreign minister.  He stated he looked forward to working to bring peace with the NAU and Russian Confederation.

As per policy, the head of the FSIS (Free State Intelligence Service), the Industrial and Quota Board, and the Free State Research Council will be unnamed at this time.

in accordance with Resburg's election promise, Persian and Zulu cadets will be commissioned as part of the Free State Alliance officer corps.   Joining the Afrikaans- English- and German- speaking cadets already enrolled. 

Guardian-Mirror (London)  - The extreme right wing National Front government of the Free State Alliance won a major victory in last week's elections.   Adele Van Resburg, daughter of long time FSA strongman Emil Van Resburg, won a resounding victory over the disjointed "Freedom Party Lists".   Still ruling from her father's anti-corruption and "guided self rule" platform, the young blonde Adele Van Resburg looks to continue the National Front policies of expansion, limited suffrage,  and state-managed co-ops.    There were no major surprises in the announcements of the other members of the ruling council, Rear Admiral Jolene Hertzog, famously called "The Red Devil of Windhoek" for her role in the 2097 Réunion Island crisis was confirmed as the head of the VSV and General Gerhard Roos was confirmed as head of the VSW.  The Van Den Berge twins are thought to have been appointed as overseers of the economic program for the Free State Alliance as it attempts to consolidate Iran and the greater Mandate Territories into its economic reach.

The Freedom Party Lists, a collection of parties opposed to the National Front policies, collected 34% of the vote.

Please also see on A3 "Peronist, Fascist, or Kingdom? The generational transfer of power to Adele Van Resburg."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 10:57:05 AM by Drgong »

Offline Drgong (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 11:20:54 AM »
Free State Alliance announces new space administration.

Bloemfontein - Today the Free State Alliance (FSA) announced a new civilian space program administration.   The Free State Space Administration (FSSA) is a merger of the South African National Earth Observation Strategy (SAEOS), South African National Space Agency (SANSA), Iranian Space Agency (ISA), and the Trans-Africa Space Project (TASP).  The FSSA goals are, "To carry out civilian exploration, both robotic and manned, to licence and support the commercial opportunities of modern spaceflight, and maintain an observational ability to improve the environment, commercial concerns both on Earth and space, and in peacekeeping."   Staffing will include both military and civilian personnel.  In Parallel the existing programs of the  Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) are being incorporated into the Free State Navy (VSV).   FSSA owned assets will continue to be designated  with the VSS (Vrystaat Skip/Free State Ship) designation.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:01:47 AM by Drgong »

Offline Drgong (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 10:56:06 PM »
Botswana - Wimpie Du Preez, Foreign Minister of the Free State Alliance, was asked today if Trans-Newtonian technology made peace more or less likely.  He made the following official statement.   "Our societies have always faced technological change,  from the invention of steel to the worlds of information at our fingertips.  Steel can be made into a plow that plants corn for decades, or a rifle that defends or attacks that same homestead.   The choice of peace is in every person's heart.   Today, everyone on this planet sits on a three legged stool, The Russian Confederation, The North American Union, and the Free State Alliance make those legs.  My grandfather was a farmer, and he said "I pray for rain, plow my land, and have my gun ready."   I became a politician instead of a farmer, much to his disappointment, and I say "I pray for peace, build a better future for our state, and have my gun ready.""

After visiting the Governor-General, Du Preez will visit President Johnathan Mkapa of Tanzania and Prime Minister Rudi Bakhtiar of Iran.  They will be discussing the integration of those nations  into the greater Free State Alliance economy and domestic investments into the newly discovered Trans-Newtonian technology. 

Note: All teams are welcome to post fluff or other role-playing here. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 12:41:39 PM by Drgong »

Offline Drgong (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 11:16:10 AM »
Local Editor Removed

Local paper "The Derby Star" has announced that it is removing it's editor for gross negligence....

Special thanks to DIT_grue who pointed out a lot of errors in my newspaper reports.

Offline Drgong (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 11:59:59 AM »
The  Free State Space Administration (FSSA) announced a contest to name the first ship to be launched by the FSSA.   Leading entries include "VSS Suid-Afrika", "VSS Namibia", "VSS Kenya", "VSS Hermes", and "VSS Fajr".   The FSSA hopes that this contest to school students across the Free State Alliance will help kindle the love of space exploration in a new generation of citizens. 

(OOC: Main board was quiet, so I wrote this up.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:12:33 PM by Drgong »

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 01:17:50 PM »
AP - Philadelphia

A new Constitution was ratified today by the Congress of the North American Union. "A new Republic needs a new way of running" said Congressman von Sheb, one of the Constitution's main drafter. "I'm confident the Constitution will provide us with a simple and efficient way to run this country for all American's benefits. We hope that the rest of the world will learn lessons from our experience in democracy and communal decision-making. God Bless North America!"
With the ratification of the Constitution, elections for the new presidency will take place in the next few weeks. Congressmen von Sheb, Red Dot and Panopticon are said to be considering bids for the presidency.

The following users thanked this post: Drgong

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 02:41:27 PM »
Bloomberg - Los Angeles
"Congressman von Sheb announced today he was halting his campaign and endorsing Congressman Point-Rouge for President. von Sheb declined to comment when asked about the state of his campaign's finances, instead saying his decision was due to Point-Rouge strong character and the need for a steady hand at the NAU's helm. Rumours of financial troubles have plagued the von Sheb campaign following its failures to get any significant endorsement over the last couple of month.

With the endorsement of von Sheb's delegates, victory is all but assured for Congressman Point-Rouge, who is expected to give his inaugural speech as President Point-Rouge in the next few days.

Offline Red Dot

• Registered
  • Commander
  • R
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 08:38:08 PM »
Excerpt for the White House Press Office, 1 Jan 2100

State of the North American Union Address, 1 January 2100, by President Guillaume Point-Rouge.

"My fellow North Americans, mes compatriotes nord-américains, mis compañeros norteamericanos, I would like to begin my first State of the North American Union Address by thanking my fellow Congressmen who have chosen me to replace President Joseph Henry.

The beginning of the 22nd Century sees the Union in a very good position.  The discovery of the Trans-Newtonian elements has the potential to further enhance the opportunities offered to all the Union citizens. On the economic side, the new elements will further enhance our additive manufacturing capabilities ensuring that the transformation begun in the mid-21st Century will continue unabated. This Transformation will not be without challenges.  Some jobs may be lost to the changes, but it will be the role of this Administration to ensure that programmes are put in place to re-train those who wish to do so.  The enhanced space and the future colonisation programmes will offer opportunities for those wishing to take up these new jobs in space.  As with the conquest of the West, the new Frontier will be in space and the Union will be looking for many brave men and women to push those frontiers out.

All of these changes of course need secure funding.  In this regard, I will work with Congress to ensure a stable North American dollar as well as a prudent budget planning envelope to secure our priorities of transforming our economy and developing space.

Internationally, the Union also faces many challenges. Both the Russian and the Free State Alliance are developing as competitors on Earth and in space.  Their ideologies are definitely not about freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as ours is.  We must remain the beacon of freedom for those nation-states still in limbo with respect to the discovery of the Trans-Newtonian elements and its impact on their way-of-life.  This Administration will work with all non-aligned countries to ensure that their ability to choose a side is not impacted by any outside influence.

There are many opportunities for the Union to collaborate with both the Russians and the FSA.  Collaboration enhances common understanding and can but reduce frictions and possible clashes.  Let there be no mistake that the Union does not seek confrontation with Russia and the FSA but would much rather develop a modus vivendi with both Russia and the FSA to ensure that the exploration and exploitation of the Solar System is done peacefully and for the benefit of the whole human race.

Collaboration, cooperation, harmony are great peaceful aims but one must also remain prudent.  It is therefore our intention to develop the right amount of Earth-based and space-based armed forces to ensure the protection of the Union and its citizens. We want a peaceful expansion of the human race into space but we will remain vigilant should any of potential foes decide that force would be a shortcut for them. Our citizens expect no less of us.

So the challenge I wish to present tonight is that as citizens of the Union, we must rise to the challenges of the 22nd Century.  We must work together to keep this Union strong and free and take the place in the Solar System that is rightfully ours.

Thank you and good night.”

The following users thanked this post: kks

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 10:12:23 PM »
Quote from: Poster circulating in Russian territories

"To have more, we must produce more.
To produce more, we must know more."

Quote from: Inspiring public announcement
The dawn of a new age is upon us, comrades! With the newfound knowledge of these Trans-Newtonian elements, Russia will be the one to lead the way forward. Through our unparalelled scientific research endeavours and sweeping industrial redevelopments to further aid our quest for knowledge, we shall be the guiding light to shepherd in a new future among the stars.
Together, my brothers and sisters, we can bring this vision into reality.
Together, we will lead the way.

Offline Drgong (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 07:01:45 PM »
BREAKING NEWS:
April 1, 2100

Cape Town - The Free State Alliance has launched the first ship in the Trans-Newtonian space race.   The Free State Space Administration (FSSA) announced that completion of a secret project known as "New Horizon" has been completed.   At this time there has been few details released. Details of the ship and it mission will be revealed at a press conference later today.

Offline Drgong (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 07:24:11 PM »
Good Morning.  My name is Nathan Aghdashloo, Director of Spaceflight, Free State Space Administration.  I am here to announce that the Free State Alliance, in partnership with all the governments that make up the Free State Alliance, our partners among the non-aligned powers, and our dear leader Adele Van Resburg and all the members of the ruling council wish to make one of the most important announcements in humankind.

Today, we launch the VSS Fajr (meaning "Dawn" in Farsi).  For too many years humanity has been stuck in the earth.  Over 100 years ago, mankind landed on the moon.   We have not returned.   However today we will.   The VSS Fajr is a non-military ship, however military personnel will be  crewmen and women on board this ship.   In addition to the men and women of the Free State Alliance military, we will though the Inter-space program be inviting five Ruimtevaarder (Astronauts/Cosmonauts) from non-aligned powers.  Two will be from Syria, and one from Italy, Egypt, and Singapore. 

The First expedition of the VSS Fajr will be to land on the Moon, take some samples and place a plaque on earth's companion.  Then, after placing the Free State Alliance flag on the moon, it will boldly go were no man or women has gone before.   The VSS Fajr will be traveling to Mars, and place on the red planet five ruimtevaarder who will make a full time settlement on Mars.   We are deeply excited about this opportunity.  Commander Annelle Trichardt will command the VSS Fajr on it first mission. 

We wished to make this public so that the Non-aligned powers and the powers of the Russian Confederation and North American Union know we do this in peace.  In addition, the Ruling Council has asked to to take this chance to offer easy licencing terms to the Fouché-Delport engine that will guide this ship to the brave frontiers of space.   

Offline Red Dot

• Registered
  • Commander
  • R
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 08:59:35 PM »
The Guardian
London, 1 April 2100

First Visit by NAU President to the UK

For his first visit as the newly selected President of the North American Union, President Guillaume Point-Rouge was in London today to meet with several high-ranking officials.  He first met the Prime Minister at 10 Downing Street where Point-Rouge and the PM were said to have had very frank discussions about the challenges posed by the discovery of the Trans-Newtonian elements.  Upon leaving the residence of the PM, President Point-Rouge confirmed that the main aim of his visit was not only to get to know the personalities but also to seek out opportunities for joint collaboration with the UK government in many areas including research for TN technologies, specifically those with application for space exploration and industrial capacity.   Point-Rouge said: " The NAU and the UK have been friends for a long time. There is no reasons why the discovery of the Trans-Newtonian elements should change this for the worse.  Space is vast and there are opportunities for all of the nations of Earth to join us in its exploration." 

The next agenda item for the President was a speech at Parliament in a joint session of the House of Lords and the House of Commons. There, Point-Rouge reiterated his invitation for all the free nations of Earth to join the NAU in the fortunes offered by the TNs.  "The UK would be a valued addition to our Union" said Point-Rouge.

The final event in Point-Rouge's visit is a State Dinner tonight with His Majesty King George X at Buckingham Palace.  Our sources indicate that the menu will include blood pudding soufflé, wild venison curry, and fried Mars bar à la mode.

Offline Drgong (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 07:39:00 AM »

Drawings released of the proposed FSA mini-colony of five persons on Mars.

Offline Vasious

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • V
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 10:26:17 PM »
Speaking in a press conference today, Konteradmiral Alexis Kuzmin, Chief of Naval Staff for the Russian Confederation joked that he hoped that the VSS Fajr was not an April fools joke by the Free State Space Administration, and wished the crew of the VSS Fajr his best for their intrepid journey.
"It is a welcome sight to see Humanity reaching up again towards the stars, too long we have been preoccupied with the finite resources of Earth, squandering them miserly in conflict with each other. God's Speed to the valiant crew of the VSS Fajr, may they blaze a trail for the rest of Humanity to follow"
Sources inside the Defence Ministry denied the Russian Confederacy had been developing their own new Space program