Author Topic: new 4.8 latest Suggestions  (Read 1512 times)

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
new 4.8 latest Suggestions
« on: December 19, 2009, 04:11:36 AM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
I want to renew a suggestion waresky (I belive) made re. fleet organization.

Currently, we can organize ground troops in divisions, that can have up to 4 units assigned (usually brigade HQs) which in turn can have up to 4 units assigned (usually combat bataillons).
Would it be possible to have a similar organisation for fleets, perhaps with no, or at least a larger limit (8+ at least)
...cut by Waresky.

Yes,ive been post a same idea.Ty for re-newed it.

In fact,me and Steve are a Traveller's Eldest Addict players..so probably Steve himslef know very well Imperials and Solomani Fleet's organization as above described.

Am love this "smeg"..because render perfectly a "Imperial BattleFleet" idea and "athmosphera (or Drama)" on Space Fleets.

Me too,same as you described,use the writing organization for know where,when how what,are doing a "TASK FORCE",(arrr am hate this term!! srry Steve!!) (FLEET r much feeling for me) with a dozens Squadroons (TASK GROUPS!!! another hatred terms!!)are operative around into Imperiale Space..

Am hope Steve,only for "Traveller breath and Drama" change this 2 terms:DDD..

And make be better a Fleets and Squadroon organisations tabble set.

Ty Steve on anticipation.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: new 4.8 latest Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 11:45:28 AM »
Quote from: "waresky"
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
I want to renew a suggestion waresky (I belive) made re. fleet organization.

Currently, we can organize ground troops in divisions, that can have up to 4 units assigned (usually brigade HQs) which in turn can have up to 4 units assigned (usually combat bataillons).
Would it be possible to have a similar organisation for fleets, perhaps with no, or at least a larger limit (8+ at least)
...cut by Waresky.

Yes,ive been post a same idea.Ty for re-newed it.

In fact,me and Steve are a Traveller's Eldest Addict players..so probably Steve himslef know very well Imperials and Solomani Fleet's organization as above described.

Am love this "smeg"..because render perfectly a "Imperial BattleFleet" idea and "athmosphera (or Drama)" on Space Fleets.

Me too,same as you described,use the writing organization for know where,when how what,are doing a "TASK FORCE",(arrr am hate this term!! srry Steve!!) (FLEET r much feeling for me) with a dozens Squadroons (TASK GROUPS!!! another hatred terms!!)are operative around into Imperiale Space..

Am hope Steve,only for "Traveller breath and Drama" change this 2 terms:DDD..

And make be better a Fleets and Squadroon organisations tabble set.

Ty Steve on anticipation.

Waresky,

This seems to have been double-posted - I think you made the same post at the bottom of the 4.7 suggestions thread.  Is there a reason why?

I personally would rather not see lots of version threads spawned (both here and in bugs) - this just leads to lots of threads at the board level and confusion for people as to where to post (and I assume for Steve about where to get them).  The orginal pattern was to be putting things into a "4.8 suggestions" thread while 4.7 was the current release, but that changed about a year ago IIRC - since then the pattern has been to put suggestions obtained while working with 4.7 into the "4.7 suggestions" thread.  I actually preferred the old way, but given that we've been doing it the new way for a while now, I think it only adds to the noise level to change it at this point.

Can we just have Erik delete this entire thread and go back to the standard?  Since your post was duplicated I don't think anything would be lost.

Thanks,
John

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 03:10:26 PM »
Actually, the original pattern was "suggestions arising from playing version X.Y went in the X.Y thread," though calling it a pattern may be overly generous.  Then we drifted to Y+1, then back to Y.  I prefer Y that way simply because we do not know what the next version number will be, and it keeps bugs & suggestions from the same release with the same version number.  I think most people default to "post it in the stickied thread, whatever the title."

Though I suppose we should be doing it however Steve prefers, since he's the one most likely to be referencing back threads.

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 05:21:39 PM »
4me arent a problem guys.
u can show a tons of posts version here *G.
So..1 more or - r same.

otherwise u r ALL sage and can post..and IF am post a NEWLY vers are a ONLY mistakers here?

Stay calm.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 06:16:06 PM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
Actually, the original pattern was "suggestions arising from playing version X.Y went in the X.Y thread," though calling it a pattern may be overly generous.
Oh, yeah..... I (vaguely) remember now.
I think most people default to "post it in the stickied thread, whatever the title."
Hey!!  I just noticed that only two threads are stickied, and they're ancient.  So I think it's actually been "post it in the top thread with a nearby number, whatever the title" :-)
Though I suppose we should be doing it however Steve prefers, since he's the one most likely to be referencing back threads.
I agree.

John

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 09:15:11 PM »
If they are 'minor' suggestions then I post them in the current version's suggestion thread. At the time of this post that is v4.7.

If they are 'major' suggestions then I will either make a separate thread or post in the next major-iteration thread. In this case it would be v4.8.

If I posted a suggestion in the 'minor' thread but Steve either didn't see it or just didn't have time to add it in before the next 'major' release then I would think about posting it again in the 'major' thread, which would now actually be called the 'minor' thread.

So, at the time of this posting:

minor = v4.7
major = v4.8

when 4.8 gets released it would then change to:

minor = v4.8
major = v4.9

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 01:18:02 AM »
My preference is a single thread for bugs and a single thread for suggestions. The main reason is that when I log in I don't always get chance to answer every message. Because the list of new messages when I log in only includes those messages since my previous log-in, that means anything I don't answer immediately often gets forgotten about. The exceptions are the Bugs and Suggestion threads as I always run through those when I get the time and that will include suggestions/bugs from days or weeks ago. So both for my ease of reference and your best chance of getting a suggestion/bug fix into the program is to use the single thread. I'll take the responsibility to create new stickied threads for each version.

For now, I suggest you stick with the v4.7 bugs thread and the v4.7 suggestions thread until v4.8 comes out. I'll make them sticky when I log in my main account. As usual, I am using this alt account because I am only logging on for a few minutes and I don't want to lose the list of new messages.

Steve

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 06:11:58 AM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
My preference is a single thread for bugs and a single thread for suggestions. The main reason is that when I log in I don't always get chance to answer every message. Because the list of new messages when I log in only includes those messages since my previous log-in, that means anything I don't answer immediately often gets forgotten about. The exceptions are the Bugs and Suggestion threads as I always run through those when I get the time and that will include suggestions/bugs from days or weeks ago. So both for my ease of reference and your best chance of getting a suggestion/bug fix into the program is to use the single thread. I'll take the responsibility to create new stickied threads for each version.

For now, I suggest you stick with the v4.7 bugs thread and the v4.7 suggestions thread until v4.8 comes out. I'll make them sticky when I log in my main account. As usual, I am using this alt account because I am only logging on for a few minutes and I don't want to lose the list of new messages.

Steve
Agree on ur choice.
Am think Kurt and u can open and manage whatever need.(if my english r right:))).)

Am follow Newest post for Suggestions.
But in the past ive show many tread follow OLDER ELDEST version..
All that.