Author Topic: Lifepods  (Read 1420 times)

Offline sandman662 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
Lifepods
« on: March 14, 2010, 07:05:42 PM »
Ok, 30 minutes of plowing through the forums and no luck, so I post...

How do you rescue lifepods?  I moved a TG to the lifepod, but didn't get an option to interact with it.  Do you have to have certain components on a "rescue ship"?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
Re: Lifepods
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 07:08:58 PM »
Uh, there should be a 'rescue survivors' option when you select the lifepods in the task group window. Not sure why there wouldn't be.

Offline sandman662 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 07:17:30 PM »
Do you have to have a specific tech?  Like tractor beams or transporters (assuming that there are transporters - I am very new and don't know all the techs)?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 07:48:52 PM »
Quote from: "sandman662"
Do you have to have a specific tech?  Like tractor beams or transporters (assuming that there are transporters - I am very new and don't know all the techs)?

No, your problem is that you probably haven't checked the "Lifepods" box on the 1st tab of the F12 screen (in the display options section).  At that point they'll show up on the list of potential destinations, you can highlight them, and then the "rescue" command will be available.

John

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 08:13:44 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Quote from: "sandman662"

No, your problem is that you probably haven't checked the "Lifepods" box on the 1st tab of the F12 screen (in the display options section).  At that point they'll show up on the list of potential destinations, you can highlight them, and then the "rescue" command will be available.

John
If this turns out to be the problem, I must admit to some curiosity as to how else you can move a TG to the lifepods.

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 08:22:05 AM »
Quote from: "Vanigo"
If this turns out to be the problem, I must admit to some curiosity as to how else you can move a TG to the lifepods.
Perhaps through very precise waypointing. :D