Author Topic: Land Force Structure  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
Land Force Structure
« on: June 01, 2016, 06:53:47 PM »
So I'm making my first foray into ground force management  and I wanted some tips.

I started by seeing how large I could make a military troop transport using my existing 30k ton destroyer chassis and managed to fit 5 battalion sized cryo drop moduals. As I understand it, these allow instantaneous landing of troops without the moral penalty of stuffing troops in a dropship for 30 days.

So because I could fit five I decided that my basic unit, a brigade, should be 1 brigade HQ, 3 heavy assault battalions, and 1 combat engineer.

I have also made it a point for all my military ships to carry with them at least one marine company and a dropship to deploy them, giving even non-transport fleets some amount of ground invasion ability.

What do you think?

Offline ty55101

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
Re: Land Force Structure
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 07:26:29 PM »
There is not really a point in having the combat engineer all it does is increase construction capabilities with almost no stats and taking a lot of training time.  The only reason you would use it would be to construct a PDC.  You can also use the ships with drop capabilities to board enemy craft and take the vessel.
More guns = more funs

Offline iceball3

• Captain
Re: Land Force Structure
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 07:28:57 PM »
There is not really a point in having the combat engineer all it does is increase construction capabilities with almost no stats and taking a lot of training time.  The only reason you would use it would be to construct a PDC.  You can also use the ships with drop capabilities to board enemy craft and take the vessel.
You are mistaken. The Construction Brigade is the one that does construction like a factory, and is truly huge in size requirements. The Combat Engineers are units that get a bonus to combat from and against PDCs.

The following users thanked this post: Drgong, ty55101