Author Topic: Can multiple Geo Survey Teams work a planet?  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Michael Sandy (OP)

• Commodore
  • M
Can multiple Geo Survey Teams work a planet?
« on: March 29, 2017, 04:34:48 PM »
So I SMed 3 extra military academies at the start, along with 3 research facilities, and now I have an actual surplus of geo survey teams, awaiting jump theory to find new worlds to harass.  So I am switching from conventional shuttles to Nuclear Thermal, and I figured, "Why not make 10 crew shuttles, instead of 5?"  It is only slightly more expensive, since most of the payload is a full sized engineering module anyway.

Since I have a surplus of teams, will there be an speed advantage to having several of them working the same planet?  I will still go with the larger shuttle, because there will be some efficiencies in carrying two teams around.

Offline bitbucket

• Chief Petty Officer
  • b
Re: Can multiple Geo Survey Teams work a planet?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 03:46:59 AM »
Multiple ground survey teams won't necessarily work cooperatively to get it done faster, you'll just get multiple "dice rolls" to check for completion in each 5-day increment.

Offline Michael Sandy (OP)

• Commodore
  • M
Re: Can multiple Geo Survey Teams work a planet?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 03:54:06 AM »
Thanks, that is what I thought.  So it is worth it.  At least if I have the teams to spare.  It also means that I should make lots of teams of the 10% survey officers, if I am not doing anything else with them.  Save the high survey numbers for task force survey officers and survey ship commanders.