Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 212467 times)

Offline Detros

• Commander
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #660 on: March 27, 2017, 03:21:21 PM »
When you refit a ship which has a shuttle bay to a newer model, and the newer ship has a smaller shuttle bay, the update routine does not check when the ship still has a loaded shuttle inside, if that shuttl still fits into the newer model. So it stays inside - and when you send it out and later want to recover it, you get an obvious warning that is does not fit  :o
Isn't this so with all types of cargo? Basic cargo, troops, hangar space...

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #661 on: April 02, 2017, 07:03:34 AM »
When a ship suffers a maintenance failure while it is attached to a Tug it drops out of the task group. The Tug still shows that it is attached to the ship.

Offline Frick

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #662 on: April 05, 2017, 08:55:41 AM »
Some strange bugs I haven't seen before. It's a fresh Windows 10 installation.

If I first select a body with minerals, I can't change that selection afterwards, until I close and reopen System map. Mineral text works.

The same happens in this window (and others). Note how Earth is selected but it looks like Whipple is.

Then there's this one, but this is old. This happens to some elements in Windows. Fewer in 10 than in 7.

I have no idea what's up. I'm using the wrapper (portable) and have never had issues before. I did a reinstall of Windows and reinstalled Aurora as well, and now there is this issue.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #663 on: April 05, 2017, 01:40:55 PM »
System map->Show next order: setting often falsely behaves as if turned on
It seems once you allow "Show next order" setting, each time you turn it off it disappears but once you advance time it gets shown again. Even though the info is shown on the map the checkbox is staying unchecked.

Offline Frick

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #664 on: April 10, 2017, 04:37:17 AM »
I wonder if the wrapper was updated or something. I had the game on a USB stick, version 7.10, but that works. When I download the wrapper and run that the bugs appear again.

Offline tapk

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #665 on: April 10, 2017, 08:21:40 PM »
Frick, do you have 2 monitors? Bug happens when you're trying to switch locations on secondary display.   I'm using right-left click to bypass this bug. 

The following users thanked this post: BloodyDaft

Offline Silvarelion

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #666 on: April 11, 2017, 06:05:42 PM »
I've had many Precursor missile salvos stop just short of my fleet.   They would move towards me and stop about a million km away. 
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath.
  ~The Mistake Not, Hydrogen Sonata, Iain Banks

Offline Titanian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #667 on: April 12, 2017, 09:00:38 AM »
Maybe the firing ships moved out of sensor range and the missiles hat small sensors themselves, so they did not selfdestruct, but still could not find your ships?

Offline Silvarelion

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #668 on: April 13, 2017, 07:28:20 AM »
Possibly. Would have been awfully convenient. Wouldn't have expected that, though. They were within a couple 5 serving ticks of hitting me, and it had happened earlier in my flight away from them.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath.
  ~The Mistake Not, Hydrogen Sonata, Iain Banks

gamemonger56

« Reply #669 on: April 16, 2017, 08:31:00 PM »

I'm losing half my screen, both system and galactic view. i can move it left and it becomes visible, otherwise the right half is missing. the fleets and racial flags are visible without the systems.

Offline Frick

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #670 on: April 17, 2017, 07:00:50 AM »
Frick, do you have 2 monitors? Bug happens when you're trying to switch locations on secondary display.   I'm using right-left click to bypass this bug.

Yes, but it happened no matter where I had the windows. But as I said, getting an old version of the wrapper helped.

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #671 on: April 28, 2017, 04:39:54 PM »
Is there a way to backup saves? Because I just completely lost a game because I accidentally triple clicked instead of double clicking when started, and the game froze so bad I had to reinstall it.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #672 on: April 28, 2017, 04:54:24 PM »
Is there a way to backup saves? Because I just completely lost a game because I accidentally triple clicked instead of double clicking when started, and the game froze so bad I had to reinstall it.
Every few months / before and after each big action just copy Stevefire.mdb to some other folder. To load the save copy it back to the game folder, overwriting the current one, but  rather close the game first.

The following users thanked this post: Michael Sandy

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #673 on: April 28, 2017, 07:18:04 PM »
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=178.0

Does the backup for you automatically.

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #674 on: April 28, 2017, 10:10:43 PM »
Got an odd one.  I was refitting my survey ships, and for some reason, although I had two perfectly good survey ships in orbit, the shipyard was refusing to refit them.  Yes, one of them had 2 years on her crew clock, but I have refit ships that had crew time on them, and they even rested during construction.

I refit two ships of the exact same class, right before that, but it is refusing to refit two other ships of the same class, even though I have a slip available.