Author Topic: Cargo failed to load  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Herode (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Cargo failed to load
« on: July 31, 2011, 12:12:10 PM »
I'm trying to load Terraforming Installation Components in a TF of 3 freighters (the ones designed in the tutorial, with 5 Cargo Holds free).  The wiki says :
Terraforming Installation (25 holds in one go, or automatically broken down into parts)
so I expect 3/5 of the installation to be loaded, then I'll send back the TF to load the 2/5 left and complete the installation on the destination planet. 

But when I order the TF to load the installation, I only get an error message in the Events Log : "Loading problem.  Cargo Task Group failed to load Terraforming Installation Component.  Please reschedule the orders for this fleet". 

Any idea why the loading fails ?

Offline Herode (OP)

Re: Cargo failed to load
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 12:43:38 PM »
Auto-reply  ;D : I've built a super freighter with 25 cargo holds and this one is able to load the installation.  So either I miss something or the wiki is wrong and the Terraforming Installation Component cannot be broken into parts (in v5. 42).  In the last case, if some experimented players confirm, I'll modify the Wiki accordingly.

Offline Herode (OP)

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 04:05:59 PM »
Auto-reply again : ahem. . . .  :-[   

for some reason, the 3 initial freighters had not unloaded their previous cargo, so they had no cargo space available. 
My bad. . .

At least, I now know where to check that  ^^

Offline danw13335

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 04:40:12 PM »
Haha, glad to see you figured it out.  I think even experienced players forget to check that a freighter's holds are empty before asking it to pick up more stuff.

Offline Peter Rhodan

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 05:06:25 PM »
or they send a fleet of  empty freighters half way across their empire and tell them to unload the installations I forgot to tell them to load in the first place.......