Author Topic: System Information error  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Nikolaj (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • N
System Information error
« on: April 25, 2010, 11:32:47 AM »
I'm posting this here, as per the guidelines for new users. Also, the odds that it's not a bug, but something I did wrong, are overwhelming.

Anyway, I've been reading through the tutorials, and have only just started playing around a bit, but every time I press F9 (system information), I get 5 or so error messages (all error 76), telling me that it couldn't find planetjpeg/ha3.jpg, which is not surprising, since there are no directories at all in my install directory. Also, the installation takes up about 37,5 MB, which is less than the zip file I downloaded. Could all this be because I didn't install to the default directory? Or did I do something else wrong?

Thanks in advance. I'm very much looking forward to getting to know this game a little better. :)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: System Information error
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 03:24:11 PM »
Quote from: "Nikolaj"
I'm posting this here, as per the guidelines for new users. Also, the odds that it's not a bug, but something I did wrong, are overwhelming.
Thanks for reading the guidelines :)[/quote]
No inconvenience - looks like you solved the problem itself.  The Academy is the right place for this sort of confusion.

John

Offline Nikolaj (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Thanks for reading the guidelines :)

I'm doing a learning game, and so far I've been able to find the answer to most of the questions that have popped up. I do have one question, though. How fast do the mass drivers packets travel? I desperately need sorium, which can only be found in any significant quantity, on Rhea. So I've built a bunch of automated mines there, and a mass driver. It fires packets regularly, but none have arrived so far.

Offline The Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 12:38:57 AM »
If you click on the right box in the system map, you should be able to see them.

How do you know they haven't arrived?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 01:36:31 AM »
Check your colony's fuel production - you may be processing the Sorium as fast as it arrives.

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 06:03:56 AM »
Nikolaj,

On the F3 System Map, Display tab, is an option to Show Mineral Packets. Check the box to see the packets on the system map. There is also an option on the Display 2 tab to Show Mineral Packet Content.
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt

Offline Nikolaj (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 07:11:38 AM »
Thanks for the help guys. The F3 tip makes it clear that the packages are indeed arriving. Sadly they don't cover my needs, so I have halted my fuel production. I was expecting the arrivals to show up on Earth's mining/maintenance tab, though, which is why I thought they weren't arriving. Shouldn't they be listed under "Mass Driver +/-"?

Offline The Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 11:54:49 AM »
I was expecting the arrivals to show up on Earth's mining/maintenance tab, though, which is why I thought they weren't arriving. Shouldn't they be listed under "Mass Driver +/-"?

Yes, but only if you look at the screen in the correct time window.

Offline Nikolaj (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 11:59:32 AM »
Ah, ok. I did try to do a couple of 1 day increments, but I guess I didn't receive any packages at that point. Thanks.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 02:27:22 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. The F3 tip makes it clear that the packages are indeed arriving. Sadly they don't cover my needs, so I have halted my fuel production. I was expecting the arrivals to show up on Earth's mining/maintenance tab, though, which is why I thought they weren't arriving. Shouldn't they be listed under "Mass Driver +/-"?

They should, although that column is notorious for bugs and Steve keeps finding things being added/subtracted/reset to zero in the wrong order.  Let us know if they start showing up now you've halted fuel production.

Offline Nikolaj (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 06:26:32 PM »
I have seen them since I halted fuel production, but I'm not sure that's why. I suspect they dissappear shortly after a delivery has been received (maybe a day or so), but I'm not really sure. Anyway, as long as I'm getting my minerals, I'm happy. :D