Author Topic: How to have PDC Fighters  (Read 6346 times)

Offline Steven Wargames (OP)

• Leading Rate
How to have PDC Fighters
« on: May 27, 2016, 04:05:16 PM »
Well i was at first confused on how to do this but found out in trail and error.     

-First go to fighters tab
-Make squad for fighters
-Assigh to to PDC
-Then hit the recover button

Side note Make sure that that you put 3 maintenance modules on PDC to maintain the fighters

Side note 2 if you need to get maintenance supply's on your fighters go to the fleet menu and pull the PDC out of the fleet then give the order to resupply then let time pass then recover fighters

Side note 3 if have fighter that have broke stuff and you can't find them out of your 200 fighters go to damage tab and then you find them there

Side note 4 ALLWAYS HAVE A TINY EGINEERING STATION ON YOUR FIGHTERS OR THEY CANT BE FIXED
( edit one )
Side note 4 - B and the reason for having tiny engineering for fighters for PDCs is the PDC does not hold any maintenance supplies whatsoever so it can't repair (unless i have some how missed a button somewhere )
(  edit two )
Side note 5  listen to the users below this post they are a lot more knowledgeable than me
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 02:50:00 PM by Steven Wargames »

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
Re: How to have PDC Fighters
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 05:05:27 PM »
Fighters and other parasites are able to be repaired by the mothership they are docked at. As long as the mothership has sufficient maintenance supplies, any damage sustained by the parasite will be automatically repaired over time (including armour damage).

The following users thanked this post: Steven Wargames

Offline Steven Wargames (OP)

• Leading Rate
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 10:41:58 PM »
Thanks for the info :) I have only built PDCs that can hold fighters and not a ships yet.  Some times information for things you want to know about this game is hard to come by.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 11:22:46 AM »
You actually do not need any MSP storage at all on a PDC as when any type of craft is inside a hanger it has it's maintenance requirements put on hold. This is why often folk will design very large types of PDC as a "planetary hanger" then simply store ships in there that are not in active use. This way none of them suffer any maintenance issues and you also need expend no minerals keeping them in orbit. The only reason you may want to put MSP modules in your design is the same as for fuel storage so that when a craft docks it can simply refuel/resupply automatically so you do not have to go through doing each manually.

As for the repair part I could be wrong but believe in the case of a PDC then any needed MSP are drawn directly from the planet storage for use in repairs.

The following users thanked this post: Steven Wargames

Offline Cryo

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 11:03:09 AM »
I'm still not sure really about how to make fighters.  I know there is a 500 ton cap but beyond that I do not know.

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 11:58:18 AM »
Thats it.  Any ship at 500 tons or lower is a fighter.  It's built from the industry screen, using factories instead of shipyards.